• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo 'We're in on some really good guys, just fighting for them to put their hand up'

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not worried... it is all quality over quantity this year. If you are looking at the recruiting rankings to form your opinion of whether or not we have had a successful recruiting season you are going to be mightily disappointed! We could even drop a spot or 2 I am thinking simply because of the quantity of recruits.

You might not consider this a "glaring hole" but this is pretty close. A nationally known recruiting service has the recruiting classes ranked like this:
#2 Mich 23 comits 1,943 pts, #13 Ohio St 13 comits, #19 ND 15 comits, #30 Wisc 12 comits, #38 Mich st 14 comits, #41 Penn st 13 comits and Nebr #43 8 comits and 596 pts

All right I don't expect Nebraska to have a top 25 class this year because we are only going to take 15/16 guys but the elephant in the room is we only have 8 and time is growing short with in home recruiting off during the bowl games through early Jan and then that gives only a month before signing. We have 8 and our top guy is looking. We have enough offers out there to fill this small class with quality recruits.
I would like to see come comits this weekend.

These kinds of posts are getting extremely played-out.....

I would actually consider this very encouraging that we are even in the top50 right now, think of where we will be when we get twice as many commits as we already have....

How many times can one dead horse be beaten? Answer: apparently multiple....

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

This year's recruiting class will be measured 3 or 4 years from now, not in the next two months.

You might not consider this a "glaring hole" but this is pretty close. A nationally known recruiting service has the recruiting classes ranked like this:
#2 Mich 23 comits 1,943 pts, #13 Ohio St 13 comits, #19 ND 15 comits, #30 Wisc 12 comits, #38 Mich st 14 commits, #41 Penn st 13 comits and Nebr #43 8 comits and 596 pts

I make no guarantees how it ends up. I don't follow it closely like RR and others. But I'm NOT worried about the recruitng rankings at this point, because the overall team ranking weights by size of class, and we're limited to a small class. I think our average player ranking is actually in the top 10, or close.

I really do hear what you are saying, but UM is recruiting to Ohio State, a place that has been relevant more than Nebraska in the kids that we are recruiting's memory. Any way you slice it, it is a tougher sell to recruit to Nebraska as opposed to USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State, Alabama, LSU, etc.

Bo is a closer. Papuchis is regarded by recruiting sites as a closer and a top-notch recruiter. Beck has serious ties in with Texas, something we need to keep (closed Burkhead and we have our QB for this class coming from there), Raymond is getting guys committed to LSU to come take a look at us, Ron Brown brings things to the table that can help us close recruits, etc.

I just think that we are in a lose-lose situation with peoples thinking at this point in the game. If we had a full class committed right now, 16 guys, 12 of whom were 4 stars and the rest 3 stars, people would still be saying "signing day is a long ways off, hope we can keep these guys" and with our current situation people think we can't recruit just because we don't have the commits.

I'll eat crow if i'm wrong, but people will be extremely pleased with what we pull in on signing day, just be patient. No need to go get a "recruiting guru" or "closer".

I totally agree. I don't doubt an elite coach can't get an elite recruit to come to an elite school. But what I'm saying is that, some of the posts seem like they are saying the only team that will be effected by Urban's recruiting is Michigan an Penn St. Which I don't understand because I thought we were trying to establish a strong pipeline in Ohio, especially now that we are in the B1G. And even outside of Ohio, we have some damn good recruits interested and committed to us, which I think we will continue to recruit in the future. Why wouldn't Urban's recruiting effect us in the long run if both programs are going for the best of the best. Yea, I know we recruit according to the scheme we will be running but we do look at speed a lot more than Wisconsin and definitely more than PSU (their defense just looks slow). tOSU to me seems like our new "Texas" in this conference (except we found a way to get a W from them).

I'm not saying that we need some "recruiting guru" just establish a great staff that can get our guys here, even with a guy like Urban Meyer making phone calls after our visits. Because I know we will bump heads on a few recruits soon and often.

Last edited:
Urban Meyer heading to Ohio State effects Nebraska's future recruiting efforts 100%. Is anyone arguing that it wont?

Urban Meyer heading to Ohio State effects Nebraska's future recruiting efforts 100%. Is anyone arguing that it wont?

Doubt it does any more damage than Tressel would had the scandal not gone down. Does it affect us more than Fickell? Absolutely, it's just not worth losing any sleep over. The way I see it, any small hit we take to TX recruiting can be replaced by Ohio and other B1G country recruiting. We don't have to pull 10 kids out of Ohio every year to replace that, plenty to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back