• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bo did it. No media access to assistant coaches postgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the assistant coaches just don't want to be interviewed by the media and Bo simply made it easy for them to avoid the interviews.

When the fans and media dissect and read into every word that is said this is not surprising. Maybe if the press stops asking the same stupid question over and over and stop acting like my 14 year old daughters friends he will loosen up a little. I am sure he sees it that the media almost cost him his job this year and certainly messed up his team dynamics and its not entirely untrue.

Oh Boy. :wow:

When the fans and media dissect and read into every word that is said this is not surprising. Maybe if the press stops asking the same stupid question over and over and stop acting like my 14 year old daughters friends he will loosen up a little. I am sure he sees it that the media almost cost him his job this year and certainly messed up his team dynamics and its not entirely untrue.
The media caused the team to almost lose to Wyoming through dynamics.......hmmmm interesting, maybe I never thought of blaming the media for all those losses to bad teams

It was becoming a distraction to the players and the team.
Oh, how fragile of them. Remember the articles after we were losing to Iowa State and getting throttled by 3-4 teams in bowl games back in the early 90s. I thought they used them as motivation leading up to 93

If he sees it this way he won't be around long! And yes, this is an entirely false statement.

I don't know. Since he's gone with this policy the team is perfect in bowl games, undefeated against ranked opponents and has a +1 in the turnover margin.

Hard to argue with that logic.

I am just curious, not judging, just curious, what is the reasoning behind this decision?

Because people are idiots. No one on this board, just OTHER people that are not on this board.:Biggrin:

It's a stupid policy. Would love to hear the assistants' take on lots of things in that game. And if Bo can't handle his team and the media well enough being fairly open, when every other major football school has to deal with the same things, that's on him, not Dirk, not the media, not the fans, not his assistants, not the players. It's on Bo.

I also suspect part of his purpose is simply to punish the media, which is incredibly immature.

But nothing succeeds like success, so if Bo can take this team up the next it won't matter at all. That's fine.

Last edited:

It was becoming a distraction to the players and the team.

Says who? Bo, has limited press access to the practices, now to the coaches, underclassmen etc. Sound pretty much to me like Peddy is alive and well. Who know, security and id cards next?

Bo's problems don't start with the fans or the media, they start and end with Bo. I do wonder about his approval rating though.

Last edited:
Maybe Bo knows something we don't....perhaps a change or two with assistant coaches looming, but it's supposed to remain quiet for as long as possible. Perhaps part of a behind the scenes agreement with Eichorst (Perlman). Perhaps I had too much egg nog! :stickouttongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back