• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Biggest Problem: Defense

I liked Pat, he was old school. Good times on and off the field back then. It killed me when Trev cut my fave two sports at UNO, football and wrestling. It was good for the local kids like me that didn’t have the height/size for D1. I had some friends on the wrestling team when that happened and let’s just say Trev was less then cordial when it came to handling the news to them.
Not for nothin, but there is no good way to deliver news like that. I have had to lay people off and no matter what you do you come off as a jerk. Despite what some might think no one likes to do that kind of thing.

Not for nothin, but there is no good way to deliver news like that. I have had to lay people off and no matter what you do you come off as a jerk. Despite what some might think no one likes to do that kind of thing.
Agree with everything you said; however, after their third straight national championship they found out the news when they got back and were locked out of their offices and locker rooms. Trev was one of my faves and had to make a tough decision in that situation. I didn’t like the decision, and since I wasn’t part of the wrestling deal, it’s all hearsay from friends, so it could be embellished. Still wish those sports were around for Omaha kids though.

Last edited:
Agree with everything you said; however, after their third straight national championship they found out the news when they got back and were locked out of their offices and locker rooms. Trev was one of my faves and had to make a tough decision in that situation. I didn’t like the decision, and since I wasn’t part of the wrestling deal, it’s all hearsay from friends, so it could be embellished. Still wish those sports were around for Omaha kids though.
No disagreement from me on anything in your post either.

I liked Trev until he murdered my program, but I played more than a decade before it happened. Buda was great to play for, and most of his better young assistants before he resigned went on to coach for Frank at NU then again at Ohio. Good times. Some of my coaching contacts had kids that played for Pat. I liked his results, but I also liked the feedback from insiders about him. Too bad about the bad press on him post-coaching.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back