• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten 2024-25 scheduling announcement

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
We’ve got a long way to go to become the man … we need to go through puberty, our teenage years and then early 20s before we become the man.

In the meantime getting our brains beat in while fighting in the octogan isn’t a smart choice because we want to play the big boys.

Yes, but if you don't play each other you can't develop a natural rivalry. The Iowa game wasn't really a rivalry initially. Most Nebraska fans probably didn't really care. But it feels close to one now. With the larger conference PSU is only going to play most teams 2 out of 4 years. You aren't going to create a rivalry out of that.

I think Nebraska and Penn State actually could have been a good match for that. But its also better for the win total to now have to play a really good team every year. I guess I'd rather have the fun game and risk it.

IMO Huskers made at least 5 teams in good B1G rivalries

We’ve got a long way to go to become the man … we need to go through puberty, our teenage years and then early 20s before we become the man.

In the meantime getting our brains beat in while fighting in the octogan isn’t a smart choice because we want to play the big boys.
We don’t have a choice. The Octagon has scheduled us to be in it and there isn’t a way to get out of it. So even though we may have a pre-puberty team, it better get some acne cream and fight the battles in the Octagon. Hope for the best. Like John Candy in Stripes…”I’ll do it!”

Attachments

• IMG_4487.gif
    IMG_4487.gif
    685.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Top-two teams in the overall conference standings will meet in CCG. In other words, USC or tOSU or Michigan or perhaps PSU. Mark my words.

Anyway for some reason, game dates for the 2024 will be announced later ...... what's the hold up?

BTW, FBSchedules.com was announce a new-look flex schedule 45 minutes earlier than official Big Ten Network ..... began to leak in about one hour just before the BTN show.

Last edited:

We don’t have a choice. The Octagon has scheduled us to be in it and there isn’t a way to get out of it. So even though we may have a pre-puberty team, it better get some acne cream and fight the battles in the Octagon. Hope for the best. Like John Candy in Stripes…”I’ll do it!”

As far as travel goes, the West Coast teams get the short stick.The conference better get Wash and Oregon in soon or USC and UCLA will never make the conference title game. They will vie for the most miles traveled title every year, however.
I read somewhere that USC will travel 16,134 miles for its Big Ten road trips, including trips to Penn State and Maryland in 2024. UCLA will go 15,412 miles including trips to Michigan and Rutgers in 2024.
Conversely, Purdue travels 2,436 miles for its Big Ten away games. Ohio State goes 6,496 miles while Michigan travels 5,762 miles.
But with everybody flying charters, I don’t think the travel distance is really a big concern. Two extra hours on the weeks you have to

Last edited:

A 16 team conference with 3 home-and-away opponents allows for a good 9-game conference schedule. It allows you to play everyone at least once in a two-year period.

Further expansion is either going to prevent teams from playing everyone once every two years OR the 3 home-and-away opponents will have to be reduced.

If for example Oregon and Washington is added then the only way to play everyone once every two years is reduced the “protected” games from 3 to 2.

Will schools like Iowa with 3 “protected“ games willingly agree to dropping Minnesota or Wisconsin or Nebraska?

Just schedule away games to USC/UCLA in November and they can act as Husker bowl games for fans if our record doesn’t look like we will get to 6 wins. Semi decent and better locale than probably a typical bowl game we might qualify for, eh?
Thats going to be Iowas job

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back