• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten 2024-25 scheduling announcement

Regarding scrapping the decisions -- that's a good thing, imo.

Since the Big Ten moved to the East and West divisions in 2014, the West team has never won the Big Ten championship. If that happens again in 2023 (final season with divisions), it'll be 10 out of 10 for the East (good chance of that).

I'd think the East division teams would especially be celebrating this, as I'm certain most years, the second-best team was in the East, but didn't get to play in the championship game.
Most of the time the third best team was in the east too.

Nebraska’s 2025 schedule is easily the hardest on paper (admittedly looking ahead) of any team in the two-year period. Those of you who want to be playing in the big-time games have a got your wish. I’d rather see a little bit more fairness across-the-board myself.

As a Purdue season ticket holder, the 2024 home schedule is something to look forward to.

Notre Dame, USC, Penn State and Nebraska come to West Lafayette.

If you choose not attend some of those games I can see you making some good money by selling them to the opposing fans.

Honestly, that’s kind of sad for Penn State not having a protected rivalry game. Even if they had to semi-manufacture one, I think it would be better to have something that could grow into a real rivalry.
Normally I would completely agree with this regarding State Penn, but I think we all have come to realize that the make-up of the BIG10 is going to still expand at some point in the next 5-10 years (or sooner). Making a big deal out of these new protected rivalries is not going to matter for too long for that reason alone. Just my 2 cents. GBR

Nebraska’s 2025 schedule is easily the hardest on paper (admittedly looking ahead) of any team in the two-year period. Those of you who want to be playing in the big-time games have a got your wish. I’d rather see a little bit more fairness across-the-board myself.
All I know is there is a huge difference in game week discussions, excitement and attention when we are playing Ohio State than Rutgers. As a lincoln resident the atmosphere is 1000 times better.

Honestly, that’s kind of sad for Penn State not having a protected rivalry game. Even if they had to semi-manufacture one, I think it would be better to have something that could grow into a real rivalry.
Or, have a real rivalry develop based on how games turn out on the field. Forcing a rivalry doesn't really make it a rivalry. With the flexibility in this new scheduling model, if a matchup starts to feel like a rivalry, they can make it a protected game later.

Last edited:
Or, have a real rivalry develop based on how games turn out on the field. Forcing a rivalry doesn't really make it a rivalry. With the flexibility in this new scheduling model, if a matchup starts to feel like a rivalry, they can make it a protected game later.
Yes, but if you don't play each other you can't develop a natural rivalry. The Iowa game wasn't really a rivalry initially. Most Nebraska fans probably didn't really care. But it feels close to one now. With the larger conference PSU is only going to play most teams 2 out of 4 years. You aren't going to create a rivalry out of that.

I think Nebraska and Penn State actually could have been a good match for that. But its also better for the win total to now have to play a really good team every year. I guess I'd rather have the fun game and risk it.

I have hope that we will become one of those teams that others will fear on their schedules, so I choose not to worry about how hard our schedule looks.

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

wrestler-ric-flair-woo-with-men-behind-ylkf40ul5i0ectfw.gif

Just schedule away games to USC/UCLA in November and they can act as Husker bowl games for fans if our record doesn’t look like we will get to 6 wins. Semi decent and better locale than probably a typical bowl game we might qualify for, eh?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back