• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big Red Breakfast: Recruiting Information: Sean Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think that Bo will pull the scholarships on those 3 DL (vestal, okoyemi, guy) unless they have clearly given up, and are just coasting. it should be obvious to them, that they arent gonna see the field, as we'll give that time to encouraging fresh/soph DL . Looks like we just missed on those guys, and thats gonna happen. Im sure their good kids, but I like the fact that Bo tries to honor all his scholarships, instead of just toss them on the scrap heap....aka, SEC .

We would see another few players every year, and over time it would help us, but Id rather have the integrity of our school intact, rather than just toss em out. Regardless of how many kids you go thru, there will still be 22 on 3rd team, and 22 on 4th team.

Agree 100%. If a coach expects commitment from players, the coach should also hold up his end of the deal.

I dont think that Bo will pull the scholarships on those 3 DL (vestal, okoyemi, guy) unless they have clearly given up, and are just coasting. it should be obvious to them, that they arent gonna see the field, as we'll give that time to encouraging fresh/soph DL . Looks like we just missed on those guys, and thats gonna happen. Im sure their good kids, but I like the fact that Bo tries to honor all his scholarships, instead of just toss them on the scrap heap....aka, SEC .

We would see another few players every year, and over time it would help us, but Id rather have the integrity of our school intact, rather than just toss em out. Regardless of how many kids you go thru, there will still be 22 on 3rd team, and 22 on 4th team.

He paid for their school for 4 years, usually the conversation is "you are going to be on scout team again as a redshirt senior, you are more than welcome to come back, but if you have had enough I understand". I don't think that's yanking scholarships, that's basically telling the kid what you'd like him to do after you've paid for his diploma. Most kids understand that scholarships are given to them because the coaches think they can come in and contribute for their team as a starter or two deep player. Quite honestly, it isn't the coaches at the end of the redshirt junior year that haven't lived up to their end of the deal. While scout team is important, it's not all the fun to be apart of for five years unless you are born and raised in Nebraska. Walker Ashburn has "concussions" and had the conversation given to him, but Pelini honored his scholarship thru a year he wasn't even playing.

I understand you weren't trying to bash Pelini, but the comparison to the SEC is a little unfair in my opinion...

Last edited:
He paid for their school for 4 years, usually the conversation is "you are going to be on scout team again as a redshirt senior, you are more than welcome to come back, but if you have had enough I understand". I don't think that's yanking scholarships, that's basically telling the kid what you'd like him to do after you've paid for his diploma. Most kids understand that scholarships are given to them because the coaches think they can come in and contribute for their team as a starter or two deep player. Quite honestly, it isn't the coaches at the end of the redshirt junior year that haven't lived up to their end of the deal. While scout team is important, it's not all the fun to be apart of for five years unless you are born and raised in Nebraska. Walker Ashburn has "concussions" and had the conversation given to him, but Pelini honored his scholarship thru a year he wasn't even playing.

I understand you weren't trying to bash Pelini, but the comparison to the SEC is a little unfair in my opinion...

they've been on scholarship for FOUR years. Obligation complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back