• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Big Red Breakfast: Recruiting Information: Sean Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Looks like a full class as suspected with the loss of the two players being kicked off the team etc.

A few of us have been saying it....Drew Brown will be a four starter.....I know N2FL rates him as one if not the best kicker in the country.....

Recruiting Information: Sean Callahan
Now at 13 commits. They want to take 24-25 this year, a pretty full class. They get Josh, DB out of Houston, big one for NU. They have a lot of seniors in their defensive backfield right now that they will need to replace, want to take 4-5 DBs. He was just named Houston’s player of the week last week. Coaches out on road last week, they’ve had two solid weeks in October due to bye weeks which has been great opportunity. They can go watch high school games, look at juniors for next year, find a couple of seniors that might emerge yet this year. Probably wont get out again until after B1G 10 championship week. Drew Brown set Texas state record for consecutive extra points, out kicking recruit, a state record (brother of Chris Brown).

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?53719-Big-Red-Breakfast-Corn-Flakes-Minnesota-Edition

Question for you or FLAS or whomever that has more knowledge of the recruiting rules than I do. But I know the B1G allows you to sign up to 3 over after you document or prove why those 3 are coming (juniors leaving, transfers, etc.). Can you actually say, while kids are still on your team, that you are going to take more than 25 while kids you are not counting on being here next year still are members of your team? For example if we part ways with Vestal, Okuyemi, Guy, etc. can we actually even count them towards the number? I think we may take more than 25 that's why i'm asking. If you we take a JUCO DT, LB, and a couple DBs, I also wouldn't be shocked for a JUCO WR and OL, I could see us taking 26 or 27 but don't know if they can come out and say that?

I think this sticky thread should answer your questions...(my immediate thought is 'yes' to your question)....

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?28334-Big-10-Oversigning-primer

Lot of good information throughout the thread....

Question for you or FLAS or whomever that has more knowledge of the recruiting rules than I do. But I know the B1G allows you to sign up to 3 over after you document or prove why those 3 are coming (juniors leaving, transfers, etc.). Can you actually say, while kids are still on your team, that you are going to take more than 25 while kids you are not counting on being here next year still are members of your team? For example if we part ways with Vestal, Okuyemi, Guy, etc. can we actually even count them towards the number? I think we may take more than 25 that's why i'm asking. If you we take a JUCO DT, LB, and a couple DBs, I also wouldn't be shocked for a JUCO WR and OL, I could see us taking 26 or 27 but don't know if they can come out and say that?

Last edited:

Yes it makes all the sense in the world.....I would think he/we can, but would have to show the paper work if that makes sense?....but I will defer to FLAS, who is the expert on most of this stuff.....he is in the weeds on this and I admit I'm not....:) So i'm making an educated guess...

I read that - but I don't know if Els can say we are going to take 27 because these two won't be here.... if that makes sense...

Yes it makes all the sense in the world.....I would think he/we can, but would have to show the paper work if that makes sense?....but I will defer to FLAS, who is the expert on most of this stuff.....he is in the weeds on this and I admit I'm not....:) So i'm making an educated guess...

I don't think you can talk about people with eligibility remaining as being gone. Oh well just was curious....

We can sign up to 3 over our recruiting budget. Recruiting budget includes outgoing seniors, known early grads, medicals, transfers etc.. If we had RB of 25, we can sign up to 28 if we notify the B1G and then document coming back into compliance.

current RB is 20. 19 sr's + 1 open. We had two losses, Suttles and Ashburn, but Bo said one add'l walkon will be going on scholarship in january.

i expect to see a few early grads/transfers to bump that number up closer to 25 by Feb.

Okay so the answer I gave him of 'yes' was correct....thanks FLAS as always....:)

We can sign up to 3 over our recruiting budget. Recruiting budget includes outgoing seniors, known early grads, medicals, transfers etc.. If we had RB of 25, we can sign up to 28 if we notify the B1G and then document coming back into compliance.

current RB is 20. 19 sr's + 1 open. We had two losses, Suttles and Ashburn, but Bo said one add'l walkon will be going on scholarship in january.

i expect to see a few early grads/transfers to bump that number up closer to 25 by Feb.

I dont think that Bo will pull the scholarships on those 3 DL (vestal, okoyemi, guy) unless they have clearly given up, and are just coasting. it should be obvious to them, that they arent gonna see the field, as we'll give that time to encouraging fresh/soph DL . Looks like we just missed on those guys, and thats gonna happen. Im sure their good kids, but I like the fact that Bo tries to honor all his scholarships, instead of just toss them on the scrap heap....aka, SEC .

We would see another few players every year, and over time it would help us, but Id rather have the integrity of our school intact, rather than just toss em out. Regardless of how many kids you go thru, there will still be 22 on 3rd team, and 22 on 4th team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back