• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BiG Expected To Reinstate Football Season Starting October 24

I don't see s way to reconcile what the Wisconsin chancellor said this morning before Congress and the B1G having anything to say today or dvdn anytime soon. She was detailed and specific. It almost looks like someone is wildly out of the loop or this thing isn't actually close to being decided.

Usually press releases and/or press conferences are not done in the evening. I thought that was odd unless they are still finalizing details or trying change hearts/minds in the BIG. Crazy stuff.

Ted Carter did eventually backtrack by saying "I think that was picked up a little out of context. All I said is there's work going on and remain cautiously optimistic, like everybody else, that we'll get to discovering when it's safe to play."

This suggests it's not finalized and there's still some kinks to work out. Hopefully nothing more than that -- like still needing to convince a president or three. It is hard to imagine an announcement tonight. Maybe tomorrow. Carter better be right or he'll be thrown into our basket of undesirables. :Lol:

Local news in Omaha still teasing an announcement "possibly" for the 10pm...Sean Callahan saying they may be ironing out medical issues/protocols but seemed confident this was still happening. Or they just want people tuning in at 10pm too. :thumbsup:

Before everyone gets their hopes up remember a part of the plan will likely have to be some mechanism to not play if Covid gets too bad. If there are some presidents who don't really want to play but their votes are needed they will ask for and get agreement on really tough conditions having to be met throughout the season. We could easily start only to be denied in the preseason or at any point really.

Signed,

Debbie Downer

there are some awesome Debbies out there. Little Debbie, that Debbie in Dallas....

This is not one of those Debbies

Fox News here in Denver just cut into their 5:00 news and reported that its a done deal. Everything on Fox is breaking news.....but sounds like its a go.

Have a friend who is a big time attorney in MI. He stated it’s been decided Warren is gone but it will be 2 years out as they do not want it to appear tied to this situation.

Unfortunately, keeping someone over concern it might look bad if they fired an incompetent fool isn't a foreign concept in academic circles.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back