• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best movie scenes

Any of a half dozen scenes from Usual Suspects or Reservoir Dogs. For those who go back a ways conversation on the giant Ferris Wheel between Orson Wells and Joseph Cotten.

"Do you really care if some of those dots stopped moving?"

Last edited:

Yeah, I get that still didn’t like it all that much. Very depressing. I just don’t get into that type of movie. Ben Kingsley and the Iranian woman that plays his wife are great in it.

Romeo and Juliet ends badly, but it has a lot of uplifting parts to it. The House of Sand and Fog is pretty much depressing throughout. Culminating in a murder suicide.

I don’t like being depressed after watching a movie.
Reminds me of a date I had in college. We had dinner, then decided to rent a movie. Brought the movie back to watch at my apartment: Gallipoli. My date didn't love the depressing ending. That was a...poor choice. And I had seen it before, so really no excuse. (We did go out a couple more times, but we weren't soul mates.)

Reminds me of a date I had in college. We had dinner, then decided to rent a movie. Brought the movie back to watch at my apartment: Gallipoli. My date didn't love the depressing ending. That was a...poor choice. And I had seen it before, so really no excuse. (We did go out a couple more times, but we weren't soul mates.)
Gallipoli is a more uplifting movie than The House of Sand and Fog.

Gallipoli is a more uplifting movie than The House of Sand and Fog.

I know you'll find it shocking, but I have to disagree. Some movies are so poignant and hard-hitting that it makes you want to have somebody nearby to hold onto.... Luckily, I was nearby.;)

Not sure if this has the power out of context: Robert Dinero's character was a man of war who had killed his brother in a crime of passion, carried his burden of armor and weapons on a perilous journey with the missionaries to this tribe.

I saw this in the theater. I was afraid if I went to buy popcorn, they wouldn't show the movie...because it was just me and my friend and like 2 other people in the theater.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back