• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best movie scenes

1625849088630.png

I hate all Jim Cary movies. Every single one. I don’t get the humor I guess. You’re an old soul. All those other movies are old. I like most of them. At least the ones I’ve watched.

The first ten movies that I referenced are a wild cross-section of Americana, but every one of them is worth watching multiple times. They're all haunting and poignant, which is a powerful combination.

Didn’t care for House of Sand and Fog. Not really into downer movies.

Sophie’s Choice is good. It’s a downer movie but has a lot of up moments also.

It's a Greek tragedy set in the early 80s Bay Area. It's in my top ten all-time movies. Like a classic Greek tragedy, it leads to emotional katharsis, which is a downer in the short term, but causes you to think more deeply about life and the choices we make. If Romeo & Juliet had a happy ending, nobody would remember it.

It's a Greek tragedy set in the early 80s Bay Area. It's in my top ten all-time movies. Like a classic Greek tragedy, it leads to emotional katharsis, which is a downer in the short term, but causes you to think more deeply about life and the choices we make. If Romeo & Juliet had a happy ending, nobody would remember it.

Yeah, I get that still didn’t like it all that much. Very depressing. I just don’t get into that type of movie. Ben Kingsley and the Iranian woman that plays his wife are great in it.

Romeo and Juliet ends badly, but it has a lot of uplifting parts to it. The House of Sand and Fog is pretty much depressing throughout. Culminating in a murder suicide.

I don’t like being depressed after watching a movie.

If you haven't seen it, Jon Voigt is an escaped convict who was pursued eventually onto a runaway train.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back