• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Benning: 'Things are actually toughening a bit. A lot more mental accountabily'

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he was good enough to make an NFL roster for awhile. I wonder why that's being overlooked?
Remind me again what he actually did in the NFL? I can't find a single stat on him. And while I agree we don't want to be disrespectful of any former player, there are some things that call into question how he reports. My least favorite is the tendency to dangle the 'I know something you don't know'. If you know and will share, fine, but don't toss stuff out and quickly come back with 'I can't divulge that'. Keep it to yourself until you can.

And just to be clear, about 5 ypc average, coming into games after a teams had to face guys like LP and AG, not to mention TF and SF, I'd think a little more impressive number would be likely. Childs and Simms were both about 7 ypc.

Remind me again what he actually did in the NFL? I can't find a single stat on him. And while I agree we don't want to be disrespectful of any former player, there are some things that call into question how he reports. My least favorite is the tendency to dangle the 'I know something you don't know'. If you know and will share, fine, but don't toss stuff out and quickly come back with 'I can't divulge that'. Keep it to yourself until you can.

And just to be clear, about 5 ypc average, coming into games after a teams had to face guys like LP and AG, not to mention TF and SF, I'd think a little more impressive number would be likely. Childs and Simms were both about 7 ypc.
:thumbsup: good post.
I looked and also could not find a single stat.

So where are his stats for the NFL? He has none. He was brought into camp 1996 never played a down that I can find.

I didn't say he played. He didn't. He made the roster and then was sent down to the practice squad, iirc. He rushed for over 5 ypc with 270 carries in college too. You seem hell bent on trashing a former player simply because you don't like his opinions.

They were right next to Tommie Frazier's stats. Frazier was average too, wasn't he?

Last edited:
:thumbsup: good post.
I looked and also could not find a single stat.

You're right. He sucks so that invalidates any opinion he has. You and I never even played at that level so our opinion means even less.

I didn't say he played. He didn't. He made the roster and then was sent down to the practice squad, iirc. He rushed for over 5 ypc with 270 carries in college too. You seem hell bent on trashing a former player simply because you don't like his opinions.
Not at all. How is calling him average trashing him? If I was trashing him, I would say something like. He was terrible, or that dude sucked. I did not say that. I said he was average. A ton of guys would kill to be an average D1 running back.
What I do not like about his style is he seems to throw out comparisons to the 95 team with current teams as if he was a huge part of their success. He was on the team. He was a capable back up. However; if he was not there they would have been no less great. Again average, not bad, not good, average. Although average D1 is still pretty good.

It only matters if you don't like him I guess. Personally, I don't care. I don't agree with him on a lot of things, but trashing him like a scorned middle school girlfriend seems just plain dumb.
It doesn't matter at all in this thread, like him or not, as what he did as a football player means absolutely nothing to the issue that he's talking about in his report. This is a thread about the increased mental toughness and accountability of the team, not Benning's YPC.

It only matters if you don't like him I guess. Personally, I don't care. I don't agree with him on a lot of things, but trashing him like a scorned middle school girlfriend seems just plain dumb.
Where did I trash him? I said he was average. That is not trashing him. I said he was 4th string, that is not trashing him considering who was in front. None of this is trashing him.

Not at all. How is calling him average trashing him? If I was trashing him, I would say something like. He was terrible, or that dude sucked. I did not say that. I said he was average. A ton of guys would kill to be an average D1 running back.
What I do not like about his style is he seems to throw out comparisons to the 95 team with current teams as if he was a huge part of their success. He was on the team. He was a capable back up. However; if he was not there they would have been no less great. Again average, not bad, not good, average. Although average D1 is still pretty good.

What? In a thread about Benning's opinion on the program toughening up you went into an unprovoked full on tirade about you not liking him because he was an "average" player. Why even bring that up unless you want to discredit him? It was stupid.

It doesn't matter at all in this thread, like him or not, as what he did as a football player means absolutely nothing to the issue that he's talking about in his report. This is a thread about the increased mental toughness and accountability of the team, not Benning's YPC.
fair enough said my piece.

It shouldn't, but I'm not the one with the issue over it. I really don't care.

What? In a thread about Benning's opinion on the program toughening up you went into an unprovoked full on tirade about you not liking him because he was an "average" player. Why even bring that up unless you want to discredit him? It was stupid.
See the second paragraph of post 68. No need to repeat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back