• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Beck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor must show more in practice than on Saturdays or Beck is an idiot. How do you put the game on his arm when he hasn't played in 5 weeks? And on the road! There's almost no way he makes all the throws in practice, so why would he in a game. Hopeful? Beck is hoping Taylor can make the throws? Or there is a 55% chance he makes the throw? But as soon as he's blitzed and rattled, Taylor isn't going to be making many plays through the air.

If he does make the throws in practice, which I doubt based on his mechanics, and still lays so many eggs on Saturdays than Beck and Pelini are confirmed idiots! Taylor is a tough kid with a lot of heart, but a drop back passer he is not! And he never will be!

Taylor must show more in practice than on Saturdays or Beck is an idiot. How do you put the game on his arm when he hasn't played in 5 weeks? And on the road! There's almost no way he makes all the throws in practice, so why would he in a game. Hopeful? Beck is hoping Taylor can make the throws? Or there is a 55% chance he makes the throw? But as soon as he's blitzed and rattled, Taylor isn't going to be making many plays through the air.

There is a rumor in Husker Nation that Beck wanted to start TA, but that Bo vetoed Beck's choice.

An OC always plays to the strengths of his QB. Given that TM has hardly any "strengths", we keep seeing the same basic formations and plays over and over again. I do think Beck will be a head coach someday. Will he be a HC at Nebraska? I doubt it. I think there are more attractive options than Beck for us to consider.

I agree that Beck will probably be a HC someday, but not at NU. I don't agree that Beck plays to the strengths of his QB. Why did he have Taylor throw 30 passes last Saturday? No way is that a strength of his.

did he call runs and TM change the play to passes based on formation of the D? No one nows but the team. I think Beck will be a good to great coach but it will not be at NU. Love to see if someone comes in to keep him as a coach as i think he is a great coordinator.

I hold Beck directly responsible for the two losses above all the other coaches. We all knew the defense was going to be young and inexperienced and would have bad quarters, but the general consensus was that offense would score 40 and we could win. Well......if the offense had not disappeared against UCLA and Minnesota we would be undefended. Beck does not seem to be able to change things during the came, his press conferences are full of coulda, shoulda, woulda (insert Armstrong, run the ball more,). As someone said in the stands, he found something that didn't work and stayed with it. The only thing we have not seen in his two yard pass to a the wide receivers is that no cornerback has jumped the route run it back for a td the OU did the first two times we had the ball in Norman under Callahan. Beck is not HC material or even OC material at this point. I think he gets too nervous or excited and just calls plays without any sense of what he is doing, trying to sit up, or take advantage of the defense. I want to stress again, we fans knew there were going to be defensive problems, so we should stop acting like this is surprise. The play of the offensive, especially the play calling has been inexcusable. Beck, in any game, I have seen has never made any sensible adjustments. Of course, this an opinion, and I am eager to be correct by *** or BPG or others who what is going on. MacKewen's (sp) article distressed me with his talk of players walking to the sideline without checking on the other guys (he mentioned only Westercamp went to the receiver down in the end zone, I think it was Jamal when he reinjured or aggravated his hamstring. This needs to be fixed today, the team is a team, all 11 come off the field together, no one every leaves a player down without checking. This is essential band of brothers stuff.

What is this revisionist history. Beck's call against Illinois sucked in my opinion. We kept chucking it deep on first down. Run the dang ball. Beck needs to be at a program that wants to chuck the ball all over the yard.

did he call runs and TM change the play to passes based on formation of the D? No one nows but the team.

Maybe, but my response to that would be that Beck needs to tell Martinez to stop checking out of running plays to pass plays. We are trying to create sustained drives.

We all knew the defense was going to be young and inexperienced and would have bad quarters...

Are you kidding me? Bad quarters? If you ask me, its a few good quarters that they have had this season. This defense sucks.

Up until this game, Beck has been a pretty darn good OC. I think hes got some real potential, but theres no way he takes over for Bo here at NU.

Let me add that, Becks performance yesterday, despite my normal praises for him, was nothing short of pathetic. From my TV at home, with Pizza stuffed in my mouth, texting my different girlfriends and my upset husker friends (therefor paying only partial attention) and with the absolute O experience I've had as an OC..................................

I could tell as clear as the sky is blue that all we had to do was hand the ball off to AA and win the damn game. Why would you chuck it down the field a million times with an injured QB?? Yea, are WR;s outmatched theirs, but at some point when AA gets the ball and picks up 10 yrds a carry each time and you start to realize that maybe run the damn ball.........

I realize the offense has been underwhelming at times under Beck, but is there anyone out there that Thinks Beck will/should be in the running should a HC change happen at the end of the season? Not sure how I feel in my own self, but I do wonder how much of the offensive struggles have to do with Beck and Bo butting heads over several issues.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Wonder why beck started a qb that was NOT healthy last week??

What is this revisionist history. Beck's call against Illinois sucked in my opinion. We kept chucking it deep on first down. Run the dang ball. Beck needs to be at a program that wants to chuck the ball all over the yard.

Thats one of my issues with Beck also.

Up until this game, Beck has been a pretty darn good OC. I think hes got some real potential, but theres no way he takes over for Bo here at NU.

Let me add that, Becks performance yesterday, despite my normal praises for him, was nothing short of pathetic. From my TV at home, with Pizza stuffed in my mouth, texting my different girlfriends and my upset husker friends (therefor paying only partial attention) and with the absolute O experience I've had as an OC..................................

I could tell as clear as the sky is blue that all we had to do was hand the ball off to AA and win the damn game. Why would you chuck it down the field a million times with an injured QB?? Yea, are WR;s outmatched theirs, but at some point when AA gets the ball and picks up 10 yrds a carry each time and you start to realize that maybe run the damn ball.........

Yep, this is my biggest issue with Beck...he gets too cute with his play calling, and goes away from what is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back