• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Beck

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncertainbyprinciple

Self-proclaimed humanist
10 Year Member
I realize the offense has been underwhelming at times under Beck, but is there anyone out there that Thinks Beck will/should be in the running should a HC change happen at the end of the season? Not sure how I feel in my own self, but I do wonder how much of the offensive struggles have to do with Beck and Bo butting heads over several issues.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I don't think Beck is a bad OC like some folks on this board are preaching. In fact, I think he's pretty good when he has the right QB in place. Overall, I was rather impressed and excited about the offense and the play calling during the 3 weeks we saw Tommy Armstrong and RKIII. I think he his handcuffed on scheme when Taylor is our QB. An OC always plays to the strengths of his QB. Given that TM has hardly any "strengths", we keep seeing the same basic formations and plays over and over again. Give Beck a dynamic QB and this offense will explode. I do think Beck will be a head coach someday. Will he be a HC at Nebraska? I doubt it. I think there are more attractive options than Beck for us to consider.

I don't think Beck is a bad OC like some folks on this board are preaching. In fact, I think he's pretty good when he has the right QB in place. Overall, I was rather impressed and excited about the offense and the play calling during the 3 weeks we saw Tommy Armstrong and RKIII. I think he his handcuffed on scheme when Taylor is our QB. An OC always plays to the strengths of his QB. Given that TM has hardly any "strengths", we keep seeing the same basic formations and plays over and over again. Give Beck a dynamic QB and this offense will explode. I do think Beck will be a head coach someday. Will he be a HC at Nebraska? I doubt it. I think there are more attractive options than Beck for us to consider.

Pretty well said...

I realize the offense has been underwhelming at times under Beck, but is there anyone out there that Thinks Beck will/should be in the running should a HC change happen at the end of the season? Not sure how I feel in my own self, but I do wonder how much of the offensive struggles have to do with Beck and Bo butting heads over several issues.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

No way.

I don't! They might butt heads, but Beck still calls the offense and his play calling, even when successful, is schizophrenic at best! It's just mind boggling that whenever we have something working we immediately go away from it! :banghead:

This is how I'm leaning. This team's offensive strength is clearly in the running game with passing sprinkled in a the moment, and the three previous games were called as if Beck knew that. Having Taylor throw 30 times Saturday was supposedly because Minnesota sold out against the run. Did the three previous opponents really play us much differently schematically?

This is how I'm leaning. This team's offensive strength is clearly in the running game with passing sprinkled in a the moment, and the three previous games were called as if Beck knew that. Having Taylor throw 30 times Saturday was supposedly because Minnesota sold out against the run. Did the three previous opponents really play us much differently schematically?

If they sold out against the run they didn't do it very well. Not giving the ball to AA 30 times is 100% on Beck.

If they sold out against the run they didn't do it very well. Not giving the ball to AA 30 times is 100% on Beck.

No play action pass? No mis direction? the playcalling wasn't helping an obviously struggling O-line (pass pro wise) Becks worst game in my opinion. 100% on Beck as you say.

Minnesota stayed in one high safety, which for our QBs is an automatic check to a pass as one of our receivers is one on one on the outside. However, those audibles after the first couple series should have been told to Martinez to not do, as we were running just fine with 8 in the box. The other problem with Martinez is that the main reason you audible out of a run with 8 in the box is the one on one matchups on the outside with your receivers, but the other reason is when there is 7 in the box, Martinez is for the most part told to audible to the side that has 3 players to it for the defense. With 8 in the box it can be 4 and 4 which in Martinez's brain is just like when your computer freezes and you keep typing or moving the mouse, but nothing happens...

Moreover, all the 3 and outs that give our defense no rest torque me off even more! Our first 2 series in the 2nd half are the epitome of how to lose against a lesser opponent. I tried the Darth Vader Jedi throat choke on him sadly to no avail! ; )

Moreover, all the 3 and outs that give our defense no rest torque me off even more! Our first 2 series in the 2nd half are the epitome of how to lose against a lesser opponent. I tried the Darth Vader Jedi throat choke on him sadly to no avail! ; )

Add up the number of 3 and outs and 3rd and longs in Taylor's last 3 games and then add up the same in the 3 games we played Armstrong and RKIII.

It's not rocket science. Taylor has waaaaaaaaaay too many!

Add up the number of 3 and outs and 3rd and longs in Taylor's last 3 games and then add up the same in the 3 games we played Armstrong and RKIII.

It's not rocket science. Taylor has waaaaaaaaaay too many!

I hear ya! I just put more blame on Beck than Taylor. Beck constantly puts the offense behind the sticks with poor play calling. I don't think he looks at risk/reward very well if at all. He does draw up some fantastic plays, but for who to execute? Peyton Manning? Drew Brees? Definitely not Taylor! Of course Kenny Bell was open on a 30 yard skinny post on 1st and 10! How many times does Taylor make that throw accurately in practice? 3 in 10? Recognize your players strengths and weaknesses and play accordingly!

Taylor must show more in practice than on Saturdays or Beck is an idiot. How do you put the game on his arm when he hasn't played in 5 weeks? And on the road! There's almost no way he makes all the throws in practice, so why would he in a game. Hopeful? Beck is hoping Taylor can make the throws? Or there is a 55% chance he makes the throw? But as soon as he's blitzed and rattled, Taylor isn't going to be making many plays through the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back