• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

B1G Tournament!

Husker elimination scenarios from http://www.playoffstatus.com/big10basketball/nebraskaeliminate.html

I had thought we'd want Wisconsin to lose to Minnesota in order for us to get to #10; but, we own that tie breaker already after Wisconsin lost last night and actually need to cheer FOR Wisconsin to get to the #10 line.

We cannot get to these seed lines if any of the cases happen. So, we need to cheer FOR Wisconsin to get to the #10 line and we also need to cheer AGAINST Wisconsin to be at #11 instead of #12.

Spot #10 - First Round Bye​

Case 1
Nebraska loses to Iowa

Case 2
Penn State beats Maryland

Case 3
Illinois beats Purdue, and
Minnesota beats Wisconsin

Case 4
Indiana beats Michigan, and
Minnesota beats Wisconsin

Case 5
Minnesota beats Wisconsin, and
Northwestern beats Rutgers

Spot #11​

Case 1
Nebraska loses to Iowa, and
Wisconsin beats Minnesota

Spot #12​

Nebraska has already won this spot

7 way tie for 2nd! I doubt that Michigan State and Northwestern make up the game canceled for Covid. Makes your head spin if you're trying to figure out who gets the double bye.

1678022708682.png

Maryland vs. Penn State underway on BTN. To get to the #10 spot, Huskers must have a Terp win.

Maryland vs. Penn State underway on BTN. To get to the #10 spot, Huskers must have a Terp win.

Oof ... Penn State with a huge comeback to get the win relegates us to playing on the first day.

That does simplify the scenario for us: a Husker win OR Wisconsin loss clinches the #10 seed spot.

The Iowa game is still critically important. Win and we clinch playing in the post-season. with a record of .500 or better. Lose and we'd need to win two in the Big Ten tournament.

Oof ... Penn State with a huge comeback to get the win relegates us to playing on the first day.

That does simplify the scenario for us: a Husker win OR Wisconsin loss clinches the #10 seed spot.

The Iowa game is still critically important. Win and we clinch playing in the post-season. with a record of .500 or better. Lose and we'd need to win two in the Big Ten tournament.
I haven’t had much to clap back at my Squawkeye friends over the last decade or so … but I will say I did do that today! His response was since when did we become Cyclone fans satisfied with just beating UofI.

I haven’t had much to clap back at my Squawkeye friends over the last decade or so … but I will say I did do that today! His response was since when did we become Cyclone fans satisfied with just beating UofI.

Has he not been paying attention to Husker basketball? This game meant so much more than "just beating Iowa"...we needed the win to get to .500 after everybody wrote this team off.

We are locked into the #11 spot, which feeds into the #6 and then the #3. here are the current scenarios for that path:
1678057465154.png

Last edited:
With Indiana beating Michigan State in OT, there is only the Rutgers / Northwestern game.

Maryland is locked in at #6. #3 will be either Indiana or Michigan State.

In the weirdest thing of the day: Northwestern is #2 if they win that game and #9 if they lose.
1678062271139.png

Last edited:

Would LOVE another shot @ IU. Lots of friends are Hoosier fans. We are going to need Keita for the Maryland game (yes getting WAAAY ahead of myself.)

I like the evening games - no need to take time off work or try to do a WFH in the TV room.

Some postseason thoughts:

NIT = seems possible. Huskers are one of the hottest teams in the country right now and the fan base is passionate. It's a great story. We need to cheer for regular season champs in the smaller conferences to win their tourneys - those teams get priority for NIT if they do not make the Big Dance. There are a few NIT bracket project sites out there; one that was just updated this morning does not have us in the field. Last teams in are Dayton, Villanova, Oklahoma and Utah for comparison.

CBI = I just did a little checking and hit tournament does still exist. I'd have to think if there is a spot for Nebraska if we don't make the NIT. https://www.gazellegroup.com/main/cbi/

I like the evening games - no need to take time off work or try to do a WFH in the TV room.

Some postseason thoughts:

NIT = seems possible. Huskers are one of the hottest teams in the country right now and the fan base is passionate. It's a great story. We need to cheer for regular season champs in the smaller conferences to win their tourneys - those teams get priority for NIT if they do not make the Big Dance. There are a few NIT bracket project sites out there; one that was just updated this morning does not have us in the field. Last teams in are Dayton, Villanova, Oklahoma and Utah for comparison.

CBI = I just did a little checking and hit tournament does still exist. I'd have to think if there is a spot for Nebraska if we don't make the NIT. https://www.gazellegroup.com/main/cbi/

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back