• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Avery Roberts is officially 'N' Update: 2016 High School Butkus Award Nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike RileyVerified account ‏<s>@</s>Coach_Riley <small class="time"> </small>

How bout those <s>#</s>Huskers!!! The future got a lot brighter today! <s>#</s>GBR
1f534.png
1f33d.png
1f3c8.png

None of this is making sense to me. Riley's been a mediocre recruiter his entire career. He never once had a top 25 class at Oregon St. and the average class ranking during his tenure was in the mid 40s. How is he pulling this off?

It makes me wonder if Nebraska has some sort of history of winning or perhaps a large, devoted fan base that Riley is pitching and that recruits find appealing. I need to investigate further.

He's just getting really lucky...... :rolleyes:

Such a great thing to see NU grabbing guys who were legitimately at the top of their board. Fact the staff has spent SO MUCH time on guys like Gebbia, KJ and now Holmes its awesome to see it paying off.

Last edited:

Josh Harvey ‏<s>@</s>JoshHarveyScout Avery Roberts explains his decision for <s>#</s>Nebraska <s>#</s>Huskers (FREE) http://www.scout.com/college/nebraska/story/1663145-scout-100-ilb-roberts-picks-nebraska

I'm going to Nebraska. I feel like it's the best place for me to achieve everything I want to do," said Roberts, who plays at Wilmington (Del.) Concord. "It's a family environment and great coaches that cares about me. They've always been there. From the day they offered me at the end of my sophomore year, they've always been there, constantly talking to me. We've probably never gone a week without some kind of communication with them.

"They care about the players and it showed."

<small class="time"></small>

<small class="time"></small>

Last edited:
Gebbia said we would have three new recruits by May 1. So far, we have received commitments from Allen, Jaimes, and Roberts since he said that. Anyone think that Jaimes and possibly Allen weren't included in the three he was referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back