• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Avery Roberts is officially 'N' Update: 2016 High School Butkus Award Nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Lavonte David didn't come to NU out of high school, so how does his potential stack up against David?

Different kinds of players. I think Roberts will be a MIKE at Nebraska. It's hard to compare anyone to Lavonte David, that guy is the best LB in school history IMPO - and that's just after two years on campus. And now he is one of the top 3-5 LB's in the entire NFL.

But I think he has the potential to be a multiple All-Big Ten selection. I was a huge fan of Marcus Newby when he signed and guys like Dedrick Young, Michael Rose, Josh Banderas, Phillip Dillard, David Santos, Jared Afalava, Will Compton, Courtney Love, Quayshon Alexander and Chris Williams were all four-star prospects as well. I watched tape on everyone of them and IMPO Roberts has the best all-around skillset and the highest ceiling of the group.

[h=2]Nebraska incomparable in Roberts eyes[/h]Mike Matya | Recruiting Analyst
<figure class="article-image" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px;">
p0hu4ujhonykrbexunlf

</figure>

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/nebraska-incomparable-in-roberts-eyes

[h=1]No. 5 ILB Avery Roberts discusses his commitment to Nebraska[/h]
No. 5 inside linebacker Avery Roberts, the No. 87 prospect in the class, had Penn State and Nebraska as his finalists and he broke down his decision with Scout.
[FONT=proxima_regular]Nebraska, which was the first Power 5 offer for No. 5 inside linebacker Avery Roberts, is the destination of choice for Wilmington (Del.) Concord standout.
Roberts committed to Nebraska over Penn State on Wednesday, slept on it and he announced hid decision moments ago.

http://www.scout.com/college/nebraska/story/1663145-scout-100-ilb-roberts-picks-nebraska
[/FONT]

Great pick-up for the defense! It is nice to be on the winning side of some of these decisions where we are a finalist for an elite prospect.

Different kinds of players. I think Roberts will be a MIKE at Nebraska. It's hard to compare anyone to Lavonte David, that guy is the best LB in school history IMPO - and that's just after two years on campus. And now he is one of the top 3-5 LB's in the entire NFL.

But I think he has the potential to be a multiple All-Big Ten selection. I was a huge fan of Marcus Newby when he signed and guys like Dedrick Young, Michael Rose, Josh Banderas, Phillip Dillard, David Santos, Jared Afalava, Will Compton, Courtney Love, Quayshon Alexander and Chris Williams were all four-star prospects as well. I watched tape on everyone of them and IMPO Roberts has the best all-around skillset and the highest ceiling of the group.

Thanks for sharing your point of view on this.

David was a very special player and still is. It will be exciting to see how close he comes to reaching that ceiling and maybe even pushing past it. As a recruiting prospect goes, this was a HUGE pickup for Bray and NU. Well done!

With McQuitty, KJJ, and Roberts in the fold, Holmes is the only one not on board, yet, after all of them were at the 2015 Spring Game.

None of this is making sense to me. Riley's been a mediocre recruiter his entire career. He never once had a top 25 class at Oregon St. and the average class ranking during his tenure was in the mid 40s. How is he pulling this off?

It makes me wonder if Nebraska has some sort of history of winning or perhaps a large, devoted fan base that Riley is pitching and that recruits find appealing. I need to investigate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back