• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Avante Dickerson.Decommits From MN;

I definitely don't like missing on a local kid. Or any kid.

That said, no program was ever built on a single recruit's decision 9 months before he can sign. I appreciate the time we have to move forward in the next several months with plan B. This is truly a hack to the throat the morning of signing day.

We have missed before. We have got kids before that other schools couldn't believe we pulled out of their state. Our program's success is not dependent on any single recruits decision. Yet, we need the top kids on our board to join in or our path to the success we want is longer.

With offers from anyone and everyone, I also would not have been shocked to see LSU or Ohio State. Definitely surprised by this. I wonder what the draw was.

Good luck to him. Hope he helps them beat Wisconsin and Iowa every year and suffers through a horrible loss to the Big Red annually.
The coach he really liked at OSU left for Boston College. That, more than likely, took them out of the running.

You may have missed the whole ‘signing day’ thing, but we are still pulling in some nice classes, so the Frost Effect seems to still carry some weight. As for ol’ PJ, it’s funny to have read how pissed many of the fans were during the first part of the year, only to now read he’s the second coming of Urban Meyer.
You are right of course, Lars... Frost and co. have done well in recruiting per the rankings. I think though that the Frost Buzz from when he first arrived has worn off a bit for us around here and ol' PJ has a little more recent momentum in terms of wins. Perhaps in a young recruits eyes, that might mean something. We're all just trying to figure out how the local kid could pick Minn over dear ol NU. I'm offering one possible take on it. I'm trying to figure out why he didn't pick OSU or LSU. I wonder if their fans are too.... LOL...doubt it.

What the Fleck? If this holds - and I hope it doesn't - it will rank as one of the worst recruiting misses/losses in program history. I say that considering his ranking (very few Top 100 kids in NE) and WHO we lost out to.

As others have said, it sucks to lose out on a top instate kid to somewhere like ND, LSU, or Ohio St. But it's inexplicable to lose out to Minnesota when the kid has no obvious connection to the program.

Landing Fidone just became that much more important. We can't afford the talent and perception hit from losing another "100 mile radius" kid ranked in the Top 100.

Losing a Nebraska kid stinks. Losing a recruit of his calibre, to a B1G rival in our conference is a kick in the gut for sure and IMHO, will start to get the national pundits questioning what is going on at NU.

This reminds me of when, shortly after Bob Devaney became our head coach, Gale Sayers, from Omaha, originally committed to Nebraska, then later switched to Kansas. The Bobfather said "that young man can school where ever he wants, but when he comes to play a game in Lincoln, he better have his helmet strapped on real tight". KU lost all three games against the Huskers with Sayers playing, but he did score that 99-yard TD in the '63 game--other than that nada!

Not saying he's coming to NU, but methinks this won't be the last commitment for AD.

The decision seems curious to start with, and this makes it even curiouser. What was the hurry? Why not wait until he could visit the campus? Strange.

Another nut punch for Frost and crew.
Just another in a long line (2+ years) of meh....
Hope he gets things moving soon or I could see this contract being his last at NU.
Wouldn't count on it. No contracts are ever left to expire and NU leads the country in paying fired coaches...something I think the admin is ready to shed. Can't buy success....

I am very interested to hear future interviews as to what his reasoning was. I don't know anything about the depth chart at DB there, but I'm guessing it's a little thinner than NU.

I can't freaking stand the gophers. They have no business ever being in a game against us. I haven't seen tape on AD, but if he sticks with Minnesota, I hope he gets trucked when he plays us.

Fleck has only had one really good year and they're slated to take a step back this year considering who they lost. Winning would cure a lot of things for NU. If we take care of business this year and show improvement, we can start selling hope to recruits again.

Oh I get it now....AD and Frost are punking MN. Gonna plug the plug on that row boat on signing day. Oh boy is this going to be great!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back