• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Attendance

Yes, your post is harsh, Inconsiderate and down right ignorant. People fill the stadium, get exposed and subsequently infect how many others in the state? Just so you can indulge yourself in a selfish need to watch a football game? Glad you were not part of my unit in the foxhole during the Vietnam war.

I find it hard to believe that you were in any fox hole in Vietnam as you seem to be a fearful man and it has nothing to do with Doc's post.

The White House Coronavirus Task Force sees troubling coronavirus numbers in 10 local areas across the country, including Omaha, even as its data shows improvement in Sunbelt states, according to a private call between task force leader Dr. Deborah Birx and state and local officials Wednesday.
“We are seeing encouraging signs across the South,” Birx said on a recording of the call obtained by the Center for Public Integrity. “We are concerned that both Baltimore and Atlanta remain at a very high level — [also] Kansas City, Portland, Omaha [and] of course what we talked about in the Central Valley [of California].”

Birx also said on the private call that California and Nebraska had recently joined the red zone — places with a high percentage of coronavirus cases or positive tests

:Corn2: :Corn2::Corn2:

Quote: "We have laws about drinking and driving because of the dangers to society. I don't exercise my right to drink and drive just because I like beer and have the right to drink as much as I want, then get into a vehicle and drive home drunk. Also, you are not allowed to smoke inside any more because of public health issues. And, there is a law about wearing seat belts, child restraints and car seats. In my opinion, game attendance and the virus issues falls in the same category as the aforementioned examples."

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed yet (I'm guessing it has). Regardless, everything you mentioned in the paragraph above is a LAW. If you're so concerned about football game attendance, why don't you contact your congresspeople and ask them to pass laws against people attending sporting events?

Last edited:
Quote: "We have laws about drinking and driving because of the dangers to society. I don't exercise my right to drink and drive just because I like beer and have the right to drink as much as I want, then get into a vehicle and drive home drunk. Also, you are not allowed to smoke inside any more because of public health issues. And, there is a law about wearing seat belts, child restraints and car seats. In my opinion, game attendance and the virus issues falls in the same category as the aforementioned examples."

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this has been discussed yet (I'm guessing it has). Regardless, everything you mentioned in the paragraph above is a LAW. If you're so concerned about football game attendance, why don't you contact your congresspeople and ask them to pass laws against people attending sporting events?
Believe me, I have written many letters and emails expressing my concerns.

I'm a recent grandparent of a 14 month and a 5 month old. It's absolutely wonderful. The odds are very much with your children and grandchildren. Less so with you and I. I'll take precautions, social distance and wear masks but I refuse to live out my life in fear of what might be.
Do as you please. Don’t put yourself ahead of the pandemic.

I see Goal-line is back on his soapbox talking down to us common folk again. What else is new....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back