• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Attendance

I understand everything. Cost jobs or cost lives Is the real ignorance. I choose life. That is where the joy comes into play.
Why do you insist on it being both? This virus is going to kill people. We cannot prevent that. There is no proof that closing everything down will help prevent a single life.

Being tested positive is an indicator for being sick. If a teacher tests positive for pregnancy, is she pregnant or not?
Well she isn't necessarily sick just because she is pregnant. Just as you are not necessarily sick if you tested positive for Coronavirus. Again......the majority (80% by CDC studies) are asymptomatic.

80% of the positives don't have any symptoms.
And that is the major problem with Covid-19 over most other viruses. Even if you don't have any symptoms, you can (unknowingly) spread it to others who will develop symptoms, some symptoms which could lead to death. It is what we don't know about Covid-19 that makes it more dangerous than most other viruses.

And that is the major problem with Covid-19 over most other viruses. Even if you don't have any symptoms, you can (unknowingly) spread it to others who will develop symptoms, some symptoms which could lead to death. It is what we don't know about Covid-19 that makes it more dangerous than most other viruses.
99% of all risks in life go unnoticed until it hits you. Why singling out Coronavirus? Maybe because the media is telling you too? People just fail to rationally look at the real numbers and compare the Coronavirus risk to other risks.

99% of all risks in life go unnoticed until it hits you. Why singling out Coronavirus? Maybe because the media is telling you too? People just fail to rationally look at the real numbers and compare the Coronavirus risk to other risks.
Most people are aware of some of the risks of a situation before taking the risks. Most of those risks can be reduced by paying attention to what you are doing, then the person uses their own judgement (based on personal experience and what they have learned from others) about whether the risk is worth the possible reward.

Covid-19 can be singled out because it is different than most viruses (or other risks). Someone can pick up the virus, be a carrier and not know it. Someone can infect someone else and not even know that they have passed it on. The worst part of spreading Covid-19 is we don't know why some people are asymptomatic and others die from it. It also seems this can spread from any age group to any other age group. Some who have underlying issues make a comeback and survive, while others not having any other health issues don't make back. Why some people over the age of 100 survive, and some as young as 5 through the twenties don't.

Sometimes you just don't know the risk is there until it is too late. That is why Covid-19 is different from other risks. We just don't know what we don't know. Hopefully soon, we will get most of these questions resolved.

I do pay attention to both local and national TV media. I do realize the national media (on both ends of the spectrum, extreme right and extreme left) have their own political agendas. Most of these interviewers are talking to experts who have been in the medical field of specializing in infectious diseases for decades. I get upset when some of the interviewers keep hammering the expert to answer a "gotcha" question (you'd be surprised how often I yell at the interviewer on TV, to just shut up and let the expert answer the question they asked).

I personally prefer to listen to the local media. They usually ask questions of those working at UNMC. The experts at UNMC have been working on infectious disease for decades and are recognized as some of the best in the world. I feel they can be trusted. Evidently, so does the University of Nebraska. And Scott Frost. That's why the football team has been following the guidance of UNMC's recommendations of how to proceed towards having a fall with college athletic programs. But even UNMC experts will tell you, we just don't know what we don't know.

I hope I was able answer your questions. I tried to answer the best I could.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back