• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Athletics program review finds strong, high-performing department

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding out for myself so I can learn something. I tend to learn something new everyday and do so by asking questions based on a tip like you provided.

If I was going to call you liar I would do so. I don't play games. You already know that though.

The tweet address you posted just takes me to his deck. Can you provide he actual tweet? Thanks.

No need to do so, unless your (sic) calling me a liar. ;) My info comes directly from Scott Schrader.

https://twitter.com/Scott_Schrader

The tweet address you posted just takes me to his deck. Can you provide he actual tweet? Thanks.

I think it's better to let you find out for yourself so you can learn something. I know you tend to learn something new everyday and will do so by asking questions based on the correction of your post I provided. Thanks.

If I was going to call you liar I would do so. You already know that though.

Of course I know that. It's why I used the winkie. If I really thought you were calling me a liar I'd certainly make that clear. I'm just funnin' with ya. Have a great day, my friend!

Last edited:
Expected no different from you. Thanks....Keep up the good work.

I think it's better to let you find out for yourself so you can learn something. I know you tend to learn something new everyday and will do so by asking questions based on the correction of your post I provided. Thanks.

Last edited:
Funny story...I got a call two nights ago from RDR. His flight from Florida to Colorado had a connection in Dallas. Due to weather in Dallas, the flight was diverted to Austin. He asked if I wanted to get together and have a drink. He didn't have to ask twice!

I may have a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to make regarding Red Dead Redemption. Stay tuned.

Tell that horse's ... head to get his butt back here somehow. ;)

Last edited:

Funny story...I got a call two nights ago from RDR. His flight from Florida to Colorado had a connection in Dallas. Due to weather in Dallas, the flight was diverted to Austin. He asked if I wanted to get together and have a drink. He didn't have to ask twice!

I may have a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT to make regarding Red Dead Redemption. Stay tuned.

Wow, that is a funny story.

Yeah, that story isn't funny

...because the real joke is in your hand.

:dancer:

Last edited:
Not only is the class off to a great start (star ranking is very high), but it's only going to get better. Those that don't follow recruiting closely will soon see how good this class is and how good it's going to be.

But this thread should be about how good of a job the athletic staff, led by SE, is doing. Those who were trying to sabotage the program are gone, so it's only going to improve.

Last edited:
Not only is the class off to a great start (star ranking is very high), but it's only going to get better. Those that don't follow recruiting closely will soon see how good this class is and how good it's going to be.

But this thread should be about how good of a job the athletic staff, led by SE, is doing. Those who were trying to sabotage the program are gone, so it's only going to improve.

It is amazing how much morale has improved since Harvey rode off into the sunset.

This was a great implementation by Bounds and you already see Eichorst taking advantage of input from that survey. There definitely seem to be areas that were noted that could be improved and it is very visible that the areas have been addressed by our athletic department.

Those who were trying to sabotage the program are gone, so it's only going to improve.
Maybe, although this is a change in storyline. Up until now, we thought the sabotage was coming via phone calls from outside.

This is a situation where we thought the terrifying calls were coming from outside, like from our fired DLine coach. But then the cops traced the call and horrifyingly it was coming FROM INSIDE OUR OWN HOUSE.

Last edited:
Maybe, although this is a change in storyline. Up until now, we thought the sabotage was coming via phone calls from outside.

This is a situation where we thought the terrifying calls were coming from outside, like from our fired DLine coach. But then the cops traced the call and horrifyingly it was coming FROM INSIDE OUR OWN HOUSE.

Whatever you do, don't apply to be a private detective anytime soon.

Last edited:
The independent review was done with Perlman still at NU.

The duo of Perlman and SE have been Public Enemy #1 for a small group of fans. It's nice to see this review shed so much positive light on the athletic program.

Oh, I agree. It could be a lot worse.

Here's some good news: we are up to #23.

But also some bad news: we are down to #7 in the Big 10. :(

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=Big-Ten

Up to #5 but your post doesn't tell the whole story and you know that. Look at the average rank of recruits. Northwestern has 6 more recruits than we do right now, with no 4 or 5 * recruits. We could finish out our class with all 3 star recruits and easily overtake them in the rankings. Maryland is off to a good start but barely ahead of us, only .39 ahead as of now also with 10 recruits. We are in very good shape.

Up to #5 but your post doesn't tell the whole story and you know that. Look at the average rank of recruits. Northwestern has 6 more recruits than we do right now, with no 4 or 5 * recruits. We could finish out our class with all 3 star recruits and easily overtake them in the rankings. Maryland is off to a good start but barely ahead of us, only .39 ahead as of now also with 10 recruits. We are in very good shape.

You better watch out. If you make any more sense he'll call you a Cally lover. That's his go-to major announcement when someone doesn't agree with him.

I see we are still beating dead horses. In that case, we are #14 for 2018 in the composite. Ohio State is outside the top 20! Their fans be like :hairfire:

OK, they aren't, because it would be silly to judge a recruiting class by rank alone in June. Star average, teams offering our early commits who might be lower rated, visitor interest, etc. are much better indicator of recruiting momentum. I am currently pleased with our football staff and the athletic department. Let's translate this to wins in the fall and these 2 classes will follow right along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back