• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked AP's Eric Olson Quotes Nebraska Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sun will come up in the am. I cannot control what fools like this guy do. It is what it is. I will go to bed here shortly, I will wake up in the am, and we will still be the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Recruits are not going to give a rats- arss what he is saying. They will probably say... Mr. Jacobsen? Who's that? Step off the ledge and let this lame you know what story ride off into the sunset. Will we be talking about it the same time next week?? You tell me.

Last edited:
The sun will come up in the am. I cannot control what fools like this guy do. It is what it is. I will go to bed here shortly, I will wake up in the am, and we will still be the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Recruits are not going to give a rats- arss what he is saying. They will probably say... Mr. Jacobsen? Who's that? Step off the ledge and let this lame you know what story ride off into the sunset. Will be talking about it the same time next week?? You tell me.
Hopefully we won't be talking about blowouts after UCLA week...or any other week for that matter. We sure as hell SHOULDN'T be anyway.

Hopefully we won't be talking about blowouts after UCLA week...or any other week for that matter. We sure as hell SHOULDN'T be anyway.

I don't necessarily agree with him talking to the press about this, but he is right about the blowouts...they need to stop.

I don't like this being out in the media but this is what happens when you screw with them. This is Olson's way of throwing a fit after getting shutout of practice on opening day. If Bo would just try to treat the local media a little better they might not write this kind of stuff. Trust me, this booster did not just call him out of thin air, I bet Olson was waiting for something like the media spat that happened the other day to put this out. I hate to say it but Bo does bring on some of this himself.

I am shocked that the booster did go on the record. I do home this is just one guy talking out of his ass though. If these boosters want to fire a 9 win coach, they better have the next Tom Osborne already hired because if Bo gets fired after another 9 or 10 win season with no plan on moving forward, I feel we will be in for a world of hurt.

Didnt see anything said that some of us out here are thinking.

'If he wants to get off the clock, he's going to have to eliminate the blowouts and he's going to have to get us into a top-10 finish and competing for a national championship,'
....yep but then some are just happy with the 9 wins.

The Huskers were Nos. 25, 24 and 20 in the last three season-ending polls, and they are far outside the national championship conversation this year.
...so it seems those 9 wins didnt mean as much as they use to...why?

maybe talent? and recruiting....
The NFL first-round draft picks under Pelini, Ndamukong Suh and Prince Amukamara, were signed by Callahan. Other than Lavonte David, a second-rounder in 2012, no Pelini recruit has been taken higher than the fourth round.
This year only two Nebraska players were drafted, Rex Burkhead in the sixth round and Daimion Stafford in the seventh.

One thing for sure is that the people who are invested in the program financially and emotionally are not lowering their expectations.
This is the quote i liked best because reading through all of this it seems some fans have grown accustomed to the 9 wins and will shout that from the mountain tops all the while being content with a top 25 finish and now get mad at cats like this because they expect more.

Pelini's last eight losses, six have been by 14 points or more - including four by at least 25. None were worse than the 70-31 loss to Wisconsin in last season's Big Ten championship game.
.this is the worst of all. fans will make up excuses for BO because over the last 6 years he has us in place to be a top 25 team.

This season sets up for a relatively easy run for BO. Bo knows that we know that the boosters know that. I think the boosters should expect a better than top 25 team, To play with out the blowouts. I expect a great season....but then I have for the last 6 years. Bo has a way of disapointing

Last edited:
Didnt see anything said that some of us out here are thinking.

....yep but then some are just happy with the 9 wins.

...so it seems those 9 wins didnt mean as much as they use to...why?

maybe talent? and recruiting....

This is the quote i liked best because reading through all of this it seems some fans have grown accustomed to the 9 wins and will shout that from the mountain tops all the while being content with a top 25 finish and now get mad at cats like this because they expect more.

.this is the worst of all. fans will make up excuses for BO because over the last 6 years he has us in place to be a top 25 team.

This season sets up for a relatively easy run for BO. Bo knows that we know that the boosters know that. I think the boosters should expect a better than top 25 team, To play with out the blowouts. I expect a great season....but then I have for the last 6 years. Bo has a way of disapointing

Hater! :Biggrin:

Put simply, I'm incredibly irritated by the article. More to the point: I'm incredibly irritated with the timing of Mr. Jacobson's quotes. There is no doubt in my mind that he is among the many fans who have felt this way for some time. So my question is this: Why now?

As a booster of the program, a person dedicated to bettering the program he loves, why now? Why three weeks before the first game and a week into Fall Camp?

I have no problem with Mr. Jacobson's opinion. As I said, I know he's not alone. But I cannot put into words how irritated I am that he chose to voice the concerns now. If I were recruiting against the Huskers, I'd send that link to every kid we're up for.

"Every school has irritated fans, and coaches will tell you not to worry about them regarding their job safety. But Bo? Well, he's got a big problem with the boosters. He may not be there when you arrive..."

So irritated.

I have no problem with any of Jacobson's comments. However, the timing is definitely bad. I agree, that Bo needs to step it up (anyone who was in Indy knows)... but now is not the time for that. Those are comments best left for Feb/March...not August.

Anyhow ... it appears Olson had attempted to get two sides of the story in his article ... but our AD declined the interview.

There's a lot of the article that is valid (and points I've made many times before). I do think what Bo has done (which is fairly good -- just not great) won't be good enough for another five years. But I do hate to see anyone quoted making it sound like this season is a make or break for Bo. Heck, even I don't believe that. I don't know that there's ever better or worse timing for an article like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back