• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone else nervous about Oregon?

Frost to Oregon...hmmmm....

giphy.gif

No, and no. I believe there was a hint at who our actual #2 guy is/was floating around the forum. (His name might rhyme with Dustin Puente.)

I think Fuente was probably #2 for awhile, but Sumlin was not available and maybe thought less likely to leave? Didn't Moos speak highly of Sumlin at the press conference?

Anyone else shaking their head in disbelief that Fisher left FSU for A&M? It had to be about the money. This has turned into one of the craziest coaching carousels I can remember. Oregon may be left scrambling. They may take a chance at Frost, but everything points to him already in NU's bag. Crazy.....

Most of our current seniors are worthless anyways so we might as well just call it good and phone in another year while we find out who we can get that can really make the difference for us.
Way to throw the players under the bus. :Facepalm:

Anyone else shaking their head in disbelief that Fisher left FSU for A&M? It had to be about the money. This has turned into one of the craziest coaching carousels I can remember. Oregon may be left scrambling. They may take a chance at Frost, but everything points to him already in NU's bag. Crazy.....
the-game-isnt-over-till-its-over.jpg

Fisher is about to double his pay with $75M guaranteed apparently making him 2nd behind Saban. Interesting but I think there were issues with his concern with the facilities at FSU and not seeing movement in improving them. Hard to believe with the success he has had following Bowden there that he would leave but you just never know.

I would think the odds that Frost would change directions at the last minute would be slim. Assuming he was coming here anyway all this time, there was a ton going into that decision and you have to think the lure of "home" is a lot stronger than the lure for Oregon. Add to that the fact of staying out from under Kelly's shadow would probably be preferred, I would guess. Maybe not.

At any rate, I'm thinking this is sealed . . . Frost will be under contract before Oregon officially opens up anyway--even IF it does.

Jimbo has resigned from FSU and is headed to A&M. FSU is trying to hire Willie Taggart, which would leave an opening at Oregon...

Anyone else nervous that Oregon could steal Frost away from us?

No.

Silly times. Can’t wait until his press conference.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back