• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone Concerned About the Defense?

I'll be concerned about the D if they start getting gashed by the same play, over and over again, like they have in the past several years. Also if the opposing QB has time to make a sandwich when he drops back to pass (again, like the past several years).

These next 4 months and the work the kids are willing to put out will determine the season imo.
3554cw.jpg

There is a lot of chatter about the offense having familiar struggles after the spring game. Turnovers, penalties, poor line play. With all that said, the defense didn’t exactly look sharp. Missed tackles, etc.

So…if the offense was so bad, the defensive struggles appear alarming. I’m hopeful. I’m optimistic. But…man?
Not concerned at all. Will we be great, doubtful but will be competent? Hell yes.

Tony White is a pro and took crap defense at Syracuse and turned it into a top 25 defense.

What can we expect? We will play fast, be physical have display better tackling

Yes. I am skeptical it can stop a power running game. We were missing some big pieces on defense but I need to see it stop or contain the Vermin from Minn, the Vermin from Ann Arbor and the ditch chickens as well as Illinois

According to Damon Benning, the defense held a lot back during the scrimmage. They kept it real basic so Minnesota doesn't have much film to go off of.

I am, very much so. I’m concerned they won’t be able to stop the run in the BIG, and if you can’t stop the run, you’re in big trouble. Simple, yet so complicated. Should know more that you’d normally know after the first 2 games.

I am, very much so. I’m concerned they won’t be able to stop the run in the BIG, and if you can’t stop the run, you’re in big trouble. Simple, yet so complicated. Should know more that you’d normally know after the first 2 games.
Yet it worked with lesser talent against a B1G team in the bowl game.

According to Damon Benning, the defense held a lot back during the scrimmage. They kept it real basic so Minnesota doesn't have much film to go off of.

We held back on both sides of the ball, but if you watched the Syracuse-Minnesota Pinstripe Bowl tape from last year......Tony White just showed them what they already saw in that game. Smart guy. I like him already.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back