• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Anyone Concerned About the Defense?

Husker Robbie

Stumblin and Bumblin My Way Through Life
5 Year Member
There is a lot of chatter about the offense having familiar struggles after the spring game. Turnovers, penalties, poor line play. With all that said, the defense didn’t exactly look sharp. Missed tackles, etc.

So…if the offense was so bad, the defensive struggles appear alarming. I’m hopeful. I’m optimistic. But…man?

There is a lot of chatter about the offense having familiar struggles after the spring game. Turnovers, penalties, poor line play. With all that said, the defense didn’t exactly look sharp. Missed tackles, etc.

So…if the offense was so bad, the defensive struggles appear alarming. I’m hopeful. I’m optimistic. But…man?

Based off of Saturday? No.

Until we’re playing winning football again, I’m concerned about it all. I like the steps I’m seeing, but show me on Fall Saturday’s again before I relax a bit.

I really don’t understand how someone could watch a scrimmage where ones, twos, threes, and even fours were fielded and make a decision on what our defense is going look like. Does anyone on here think that is the extent of the defensive playbook? Does anyone on here think this scrimmage represents the personnel that will be present during a game day scenario? Honest question. Because to be the questions I just asked were ridiculous. Still have summer workouts and fall camp to make the cream. Chill

What I saw was a ball hawk D that created turnovers. They gave up some 1st half. Mostly on short fields caused by the second team O. Second half they pretty much slammed the door shut.

Does this mean anything come August...no. what I will say, that I am waaaay less concerned about D than I am the O.

We brought in some impressive transfers for the defense... MJ Sherman looked like a beast out there this past weekend. Not sure we're at that level yet on offense, although admittedly we did bolster the skill positions with someone like Kemp and Sims looked, by far, like the best QB playing this spring.

IMO, on both sides of the ball our starters will be pretty good. We just don't have the quality depth in some of the spots. An injury or 2 on the o-line could devastating.

I'm not sure what defense you were looking at. Better tackling was one of the things that stood out to me. The only big missed tackle I remember was Sims running over 2 guys at the end zone for that TD. I give more credit to Sims than to a bad tackle.

I'm not sure what defense you were looking at. Better tackling was one of the things that stood out to me. The only big missed tackle I remember was Sims running over 2 guys at the end zone for that TD. I give more credit to Sims than to a bad tackle.

+1

Better tackling, lots of movement and speed, and guys seem to be all the way bought for this last spring practice. We were short several starters from last year (Robinson, Henrich, Reimer, Buford) but the new guys seemed to fill in just fine.

I'm encouraged, but then I'm always encouraged at this time of year. Guess I have a short memory ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back