• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Frosty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

For what it’s worth, Bobby Petrino, Mike Leach, Hugh Freeze, Steve Sarkisian….all had scandals and for lack of a better term, a severe lapse in judgement, and all ended up coaching again, and at a high level. Sark is probably the closest to a Frost comparison if every single rumor you hear out of Lincoln is true.
All of the above proved themselves at P5 level. SF didn't and spectacularly bombed.

Fair but my position is if you didn't improve one facet of the program you SUCK particularly when you were the highest paid coach in Husker history
I hear you, but every new coach at a school is always the highest paid coach in ________ history. Some of that is inflation, the other part of that is how crazy profitable college football has gotten.

Folks get super defensive in here I’ve learned about their hate for Scott Frost, and as I mentioned, I don’t love the guy either, but I’m not going to let my frustration from the past 20 years fall solely on the shoulders of one guy who stunk, just because he stunk more than the other ones that stunk.

To be fair, he never said that SF improved anything. What he said was that SF didn't leave the program in any worse place than when he arrived. In other words, it was essentially a wash.

He absolutely left it worse than what he inherited. It was a dumpster fire when he arrived and he flew a KC-46 super tanker into it.

1697062124181.png

C

Fair but my position is if you didn't improve one facet of the program you SUCK particularly when you were the highest paid coach in Husker history
Well, that may be true. But that wasn't what was being discussed.

I would argue that the amount one is paid isn't determinative on the issue. If they were the lowest paid coach in history and failed miserably, I wouldn't suggest that the pay exonerated or lessened their failure in any way.

He absolutely left it worse than what he inherited. It was a dumpster fire when he arrived and he flew a KC-46 super tanker into it.

View attachment 101159

C

Well, I agree it was a dumpster fire when he arrived and it was a dumpster fire when he left. However, I don't see any difference between one dumpster fire and another. I'm sure if one sat down and cared enough to look through data, one could identify statistical improvements in one area and statistical deterioration in others. But what would be the point. Is it really worthwhile to figure out which of two failed coaches failed better?

Well, I agree it was a dumpster fire when he arrived and it was a dumpster fire when he left. However, I don't see any difference between one dumpster fire and another. I'm sure if one sat down and cared enough to look through data, one could identify statistical improvements in one area and statistical deterioration in others. But what would be the point. Is it really worthwhile to figure out which of two failed coaches failed better?

Scott and staff saw the potential of Cam Jurgens and made a great change that probably improved his chances of a successful NFL career. So instead of a jet tanker it was a semi truck tanker he drove into it. LOL

Tanker Fire - YouTube

C

I think he did leave us worse than he found us.
That’s your emotions talking. The sting will take time to subside. Good news is it doesn’t really matter. It is what it is. We have a brand new staff and SF no longer has any impact on the situation, except in the psyche of some who can’t let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back