• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Frosty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am surprised that Frost hasn’t emerged somewhere in the college football world. Not even an analyst for Fox or ESPN? Any inside info as to where he’s at and what he’s up to these days?
I feel like Frost burned a lot of bridges for himself in the world of college football, especially during the pandemic. He got pretty arrogant right out of the chute in Lincoln when he said "the big ten will have to adjust to us". And then challenged the conference and their policy on playing games during covid. Right or wrong Desmond Howard said Nebraska should be kicked out of the Big Ten during that whole fiasco. (Howard will not show his face in Lincoln for awhile for his part).

My impression is Frost doesn't have many friends in college football. He may make it back to the NFL in some capacity, who knows, but not college football.

I feel like Frost burned a lot of bridges for himself in the world of college football, especially during the pandemic. He got pretty arrogant right out of the chute in Lincoln when he said "the big ten will have to adjust to us". And then challenged the conference and their policy on playing games during covid. Right or wrong Desmond Howard said Nebraska should be kicked out of the Big Ten during that whole fiasco. (Howard will not show his face in Lincoln for awhile for his part).

My impression is Frost doesn't have many friends in college football. He may make it back to the NFL in some capacity, who knows, but not college football.
There are schools desperate enough to hire coaches with a shady past.

I've had people (fans of other college teams) ask me the same question "where the heck is Frost?". I think we will hear/see stuff about him around Thanksgiving/Christmas time. He will be looked at as a Offensive position coach at a major school and/or an Offensive coordinator at a Mid-tier school. My prediction is Scott Frost will be working in football in 2024.
Probably at Buffalo or Ohio.

There is one thing taking a job and failing but when you don‘t give it your best effort, when you literally abuse the privilege of the position bestowed upon you, when you thumb your nose literally and figuratively at those who invest in the success of the job you have been given then you abdicate any notion of public privacy.

I agree with you on the snarky divorce type comments but beyond that he’s earned the vitriol that he’s getting. .
Kumbaya

I remember posting something like we'd never see him coaching again after the mess he made at Nebraska. I still think that. In fact, I don't think he'll be an analyst either. He is about as far from that personality as one can be.

EDIT- by analyst I thought you meant like on TV. No way does that ever happen. I doubt he goes anywhere as an analyst (like Bill O'Brien was at Alabama) either.

Other coaches know what happened with this guy and why he failed. It will depend largely if they are willing to take that same chance for him to be hired anywhere as an assistant. I don't see it any time soon.

His best shot to me is if Helfrich gets a head coaching job again.

Last edited:
I remember posting something like we'd never see him coaching again after the mess he made at Nebraska. I still think that. In fact, I don't think he'll be an analyst either. He is about as far from that personality as one can be.

EDIT- by analyst I thought you meant like on TV. No way does that ever happen. I doubt he goes anywhere as an analyst (like Bill O'Brien was at Alabama) either.

Other coaches know what happened with this guy and why he failed. It will depend largely if they are willing to take that same chance for him to be hired anywhere as an assistant. I don't see it any time soon.

His best shot to me is if Helfrich gets a head coaching job again.
For what it’s worth, Bobby Petrino, Mike Leach, Hugh Freeze, Steve Sarkisian….all had scandals and for lack of a better term, a severe lapse in judgement, and all ended up coaching again, and at a high level. Sark is probably the closest to a Frost comparison if every single rumor you hear out of Lincoln is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back