• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any word from Frosty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are truly turning a blind eye if you honestly believe Scott Frost gave it his all at NU and it just didn't work out. His total disregard for his job and marriage are very well documented here and elsewhere. As far as the marriage part, I could give two squirts what he does in his personal life, but when you consistently show up to coach this team after a hard night of binge drinking, which ultimately screwed up this program even more than when he got here, then I do have a right to be pissed.

He was fooled by his own success at UCF and thought it'd be a simple plug and play here. His huge initial contract went to his head and he immediately started acting like a co-ed again. When it started to turn south on him he just called it quits and let the program flounder.

I don't care what you call it, but he didn't earn his pay at NU at all. He took advantage of his long leash with his drinking buddy Moos and should be ashamed to call himself a Husker.
Where
You are truly turning a blind eye if you honestly believe Scott Frost gave it his all at NU and it just didn't work out. His total disregard for his job and marriage are very well documented here and elsewhere. As far as the marriage part, I could give two squirts what he does in his personal life, but when you consistently show up to coach this team after a hard night of binge drinking, which ultimately screwed up this program even more than when he got here, then I do have a right to be pissed.

He was fooled by his own success at UCF and thought it'd be a simple plug and play here. His huge initial contract went to his head and he immediately started acting like a co-ed again. When it started to turn south on him he just called it quits and let the program flounder.

I don't care what you call it, but he didn't earn his pay at NU at all. He took advantage of his long leash with his drinking buddy Moos and should be ashamed to call himself a Husker.
Where did I say he gave it his all? My point was Scott never should have been given the contract extension (that falls on Moos) and should have been canned 3 weeks later (that falls on Trev) and it would have saved DONU an extra $8+ million.

The entire point of my post was to criticize the guy all you want about what he did on the field, but stooping to jabs about divorce, wife getting half, whatever it was is just below us.

How in the world did he steal $40 million??????

•Did he end up being a bad hire? Yes
•Was he the popular hire and the #1 available coach when we hired him? Yes
•Did he give himself a contract extension? No

You can dislike the guy all you want, but my sentiment remains, a comment about him cheating/pending divorce, etc. is just tasteless and honestly it’s so far below us as Husker fans I can’t even believe I’m having to defend my stance against it.
I’m not sure how making comments regarding his public lifestyle is below the average fan. What does it hurt? Let fans blow off steam speaking the truth. He took a job that includes being judged both good and bad.

Where

Where did I say he gave it his all? My point was Scott never should have been given the contract extension (that falls on Moos) and should have been canned 3 weeks later (that falls on Trev) and it would have saved DONU an extra $8+ million.

The entire point of my post was to criticize the guy all you want about what he did on the field, but stooping to jabs about divorce, wife getting half, whatever it was is just below us.
Does she not get half in Arizona? :) :) :).

I've had people (fans of other college teams) ask me the same question "where the heck is Frost?". I think we will hear/see stuff about him around Thanksgiving/Christmas time. He will be looked at as a Offensive position coach at a major school and/or an Offensive coordinator at a Mid-tier school. My prediction is Scott Frost will be working in football in 2024.
Watch Deion hire him...hehe.

I thought the children's classic is typically played in December.

tumblr_ozuojewEZ81vx0gs5o1_500.gif

Last edited:

You can dislike the guy all you want, but my sentiment remains, a comment about him cheating/pending divorce, etc. is just tasteless and honestly it’s so far below us as Husker fans I can’t even believe I’m having to defend my stance against it.
We'll see if I'm right.

Where

Honestly, with how much universities charge for college, it should piss people off, it affects your grandkids and beyond. I know there are supposedly two different budgets, but I don’t fault anyone for being angry at Frost or higher administration for how things turned out.

I am surprised that Frost hasn’t emerged somewhere in the college football world. Not even an analyst for Fox or ESPN? Any inside info as to where he’s at and what he’s up to these days?
He would be a terrible analyst as he’s not interesting to listen to at all.

Someone told me he’s installing golf simulators in high-end homes in Scottsdale.

I’m not sure how making comments regarding his public lifestyle is below the average fan. What does it hurt? Let fans blow off steam speaking the truth. He took a job that includes being judged both good and bad.
I think in part because of the “public lifestyle” bit. There isn’t a single person that I know or have even heard of who’s attached their name to those rumors. I’m not saying they aren’t true or they are, but it’s always some variation of “I know someone who knows someone who ______ with Frost.”

I thought the guy was a crappy coach and set us back years, I just stop short of bringing his marriage or personal life into it. He gave us plenty to judge on the field, I think we would all just be better off to leave it at that.

There is one thing taking a job and failing but when you don‘t give it your best effort, when you literally abuse the privilege of the position bestowed upon you, when you thumb your nose literally and figuratively at those who invest in the success of the job you have been given then you abdicate any notion of public privacy.

I agree with you on the snarky divorce type comments but beyond that he’s earned the vitriol that he’s getting. .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back