• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Any news coming out from the first day of Elite 11 Finals today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the drills Stanton did particular well was the 'Rail Shot' station, where the QB must throw a thirty yard vertical down the sideline. It stresses placement as the receiver has little room on the outside of the route (in the sideline) and even less on the inside (with a defender underneath).

So how much does that ball actually weigh? It looks in the video as though it has quite a bit of mass, much like a medicine ball. I've never seen this drill before, thanks for posting this.

I know when I played, this drill wasn't a big factor for the QBs as much as it was for LBs, RBs, & DBs. I actually didn't know that they were grading QBs on this drill until recently. I guess with dual threat QBs being a bit more physical (C. Newton, T. Tebow, etc....) this drill would hold a little more clout with them. The weight of the ball can vary but as huskernut pointed out, the normal weight is 3 kilos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back