• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any idea what this is about?

I’m not sure what good can from this. As Trev said let’s be a proud member of the Big 10. Sounds like a mission to poke the bear some more which serves no productive purpose.
I wouldn't refer to poking the bear as something that is good news. Seems much bigger than that. It better be, or Lust will immediately become Yacht Boy Jr.

It's funny watching many of you get so personally offended that Lust won't email you the details personally of what he's working on. Maybe just let this play out and see what evolves from his tweet. If he ends up looking like an idiot, it will be because he does it to himself, not because you guys are mad at him. Lol.

Ftr, Lust is a very respected attorney who had always operated with great propriety according to the law. I have a feeling some of you will end up eating your words of criticism. But there's no real accountability on message boards, so what do you have to lose :rolleyes:

It's funny watching many of you get so personally offended that Lust won't email you the details personally of what he's working on. Maybe just let this play out and see what evolves from his tweet. If he ends up looking like an idiot, it will be because he does it to himself, not because you guys are mad at him. Lol.

Ftr, Lust is a very respected attorney who had always operated with great propriety according to the law. I have a feeling some of you will end up eating your words of criticism. But there's no real accountability on message boards, so what do you have to lose :rolleyes:
I expect my personal email by tomorrow. Let him know! He’s a lawyer are any actually well respected?

Here is my guess, it is an either or type of thing, since it will be announced next week, should prove me wrong on either ones, (and if this is against rules, please mods delete the post)

But I think it is one of the following:

A. Nebraska is leaving the Big Ten for the SEC to re-unite with the Sooners (and this will not be all, as other teams will also announce moves to the SEC) and has been promised certain things to bring Husker Nation to the SEC. The reason Mr Lust is involved is because ESPN brokered the deal through him and ran interference for the Big Ten offices.

OR

B. Lust has just brokered a major endorsement deal that is in the high 9 figure range for all Nebraska athletes for NIL. This is exclusive to Nebraska in the Big Ten and will provide a major recruiting tool to Nebraska for all kids and the top ranked athletes currently with a verbal commit to other top schools will be soon de-committing and going to Lincoln due to the massive payout awaiting them with this new endorsement deal. As part of this deal all athletes will get at least a mid-5 figures per year for playing for the Huskers.

Here is my guess, it is an either or type of thing, since it will be announced next week, should prove me wrong on either ones, (and if this is against rules, please mods delete the post)

But I think it is one of the following:

A. Nebraska is leaving the Big Ten for the SEC to re-unite with the Sooners (and this will not be all, as other teams will also announce moves to the SEC) and has been promised certain things to bring Husker Nation to the SEC. The reason Mr Lust is involved is because ESPN brokered the deal through him and ran interference for the Big Ten offices.

OR

B. Lust has just brokered a major endorsement deal that is in the high 9 figure range for all Nebraska athletes for NIL. This is exclusive to Nebraska in the Big Ten and will provide a major recruiting tool to Nebraska for all kids and the top ranked athletes currently with a verbal commit to other top schools will be soon de-committing and going to Lincoln due to the massive payout awaiting them with this new endorsement deal. As part of this deal all athletes will get at least a mid-5 figures per year for playing for the Huskers.
Well, I'd bet a years salary that it's not #1. Absolutely, positively, no way. Nor do I even want to be in the SEC, so that wouldn't make this Husker fan happy.

I don't think it's #2 either, but at least that one has some plausibility to it.

I think it has to do with COVID protocols. Big 10 still had not announced a policy. Nebraska must have found some language in bylaws to assert the Big 10 can’t stop Nebraska from playing another team if a game is cancelled due to Big 10 COVID protocols. That would be my guess.
Hmm, possibly, but that's not necessarily something that is gonna make me jump out of my seat and clap for him. I don't see cancelations being a problem anymore, but who knows.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back