• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AMart

Basing your opinion on your years as a professional scout?

Based on game stats, AM passed for over 300 a few weeks ago. I guess that week he was a pro prospect?

The only stat that really matters is W-L and Martinez and the Stallions are the top of the heap in their league.

AM may succeed or he may fail. At least he's following his dream and continuing to work towards his goal. I'll always root for determination. I'm sure glad he tunes "fans" like you out.
In the last 4 games he's started he's averaged 61.6% completion and 231.75 yards per game. Those are NOT NFL caliber numbers against defenses that are not NFL caliber.

The difference between Warner and 2AM is 2AM has had plenty of opportunity to show his wares. Warner was 3rd on UNI's roster until his senior year. He signed out of college with GB Packers who had Favre, Brunell and Ty Detmer on their team ... Warner wasn't making that team off of one year of D1AA football. Went to Arena League for one year and then signed with the Rams. He was always a passer extraordinaire.

His success will get him an NFL team camp invite. Yes or No answer ... Do you think he's done enough right now to make an NFL roster?

I am not panning him ... he's done a great job representing NU. He was as tough as he could be when he played. He also left NU to go to KSU. His introduction show him as a KSU Wildcat not an NU Husker. I hope he does well and enjoys his success. Having said that he is NOT an NFL caliber player and too many on this board including you and your professional scout experience thinks he is.

Last edited:

It seems as though some folks never heard of, don't remember, or choose to forget, Kurt Warner. From nobody, to the Arena League, to the NFL.

From chump to champ...It's been done before. Go Adrian!
It's funny but when I read this thread last night that was the first name that popped into my head.

The grocery industry lost a great sacker because of arena football.

I am not panning him ... he's done a great job representing NU. He was as tough as he could be when he played. He also left NU to go to KSU. His introduction show him as a KSU Wildcat not an NU Husker. I hope he does well and enjoys his success. Having said that he is NOT an NFL caliber player and too many on this board including you and your professional scout experience thinks he is.
You sure on that. The graphic I saw showed 1 year at K State and 4 years at Nebraska. And the announcers called him a former Husker more than once.

actually……you are.
Actually I am not ... I am telling the truth as I see his skills and abilities (obviously my opinion ... which matters zilch) ... I am panning the posters who are pondering and projecting an NFL career. He's having a great UFL season, arguably in the discussion for their POY, he might parlay that into and NFL camp invite and possibly and practice squad position.

Actually I am not ... I am telling the truth as I see his skills and abilities (obviously my opinion ... which matters zilch) ... I am panning the posters who are pondering and projecting an NFL career. He's having a great UFL season, arguably in the discussion for their POY, he might parlay that into and NFL camp invite and possibly and practice squad position.
And who would that be. I've seen others including myself that have said what he's doing in the UFL will probably give him a shot with an NFL team, but I haven't seen anyone say anything about his career.

Perhaps your opinion of Martinez causes you to project things into other's words that are not there.

Did you ever see David Kreig in Seattle play? He had a great career

Did you ever see David Kreig in Seattle play? He had a great career

Sometimes a guy just needs an opportunity.

For Martinez, he had an opportunity, took a swing and didn't make it. Now he's got a second chance and is doing well, though I don't know if he's going to turn this into an NFL career.

I'll certainly be rooting for him as regardless of his warts in Lincoln, I enjoyed watching him play and wish him the best.

@wcbsas

Why be so negative?

Traditionally, spring pro football is a tough sell. Most fans have moved on to other things. I haven't watched a UFL game, but I have seen extended highlights and it is definitely good, competitive football. Calling their games "unwatchable" is a stretch.

As to Adrian's NFL chances, I'd be willing to bet the farm that he's on an NFL camp roster. Whether AM is playing this fall is a combination of what AM brings to the table and what teams are seeking.

A very small percentage of college players will play a down as a pro. I'm glad to see that Adrian has seized his opportunity, I wish him all the luck in the world.
He was among the last players cut in the final cut down by Detroit last year and played well in pre-season. With this performance in the Spring league is going to get a look from someone. Thats all you can ask for is a chance.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back