• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

AMart

Costa Rica Red

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
Adrian has led his team to a 7-0 record. Martinez was always a class act and never failed to give his all for the Huskers. Great to see him do so well, hoping bigger and better things are ahead.

Seven games, seven wins. It wasn’t easy

Saturday, when the 5-1 St. Louis Battlehawks came to town. Trailing 20-17 after three quarters, the Stallions managed a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to emerge with a 30-26 win.

Quarterback Adrian Martinez was 21 for 33 for 230 yards and three touchdowns. He added 60 yards rushing on seven attempts.

The game included a 61-yard field goal from Battlehawks kicker Andre Szmyt, cutting the score to 17-14 at halftime.

There were three lead changes in the final quarter, with the game-winning points coming on a one-play drive — a 40-yard touchdown pass by Martinez to Kevin Austin Jr.

Adrian has led his team to a 7-0 record. Martinez was always a class act and never failed to give his all for the Huskers. Great to see him do so well, hoping bigger and better things are ahead.

Looks like he's expanding into acting!
:)

Great to see Adrian do so well - I always liked him and wish him nothing but the best.

On the flip side, his teammate and fellow former Husker Carlos Davis was an embarrassment. He had two personal fouls, the second of which looked like an intentional effort to hurt the St. Louis Battlehawks quarterback A.J. McCarron. (He twisted McCarron's leg after the play was clearly over.) At that point I was glad the announcers didn't mention where he played his college football.

Adrian converting some key 3rd downs with his legs. He looks awfully good.

He's gotten better now that he has the whole game. A while back they were playing two QBs, sharing time. The announcers at a game a month or so ago said the QBs asked if they could each have their own game without splitting time. After a couple games that way Martinez won the spot and has been doing better now that he's not sharing time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back