• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alternate Uniforms Released - 'Star City'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am personally glad I do not know or know of anyone or anything known as a uniform geek. I assume it is a bunch of nerds who dress up for comic book conventions.

Good for you. Just so you know, some of the guys over there actually work in the industry and have graphic design backgrounds. They're not all just a bunch of dudes who dress up. You just can't help but be a condescending jerk most of the time can you?

Last edited:

Most uniform geeks think it's lame, just go over to Chris Creamer's Sports logos site and see what the general consensus is. But I'm glad you take comfort in not being alone on this. By the way, did you notice there are more than 3 stripes there?

I'm not enthralled by them, but they are the best ones yet for what that's worth.

Good for you. Just so you know, some of the guys over there actually work in the industry and have graphic design backgrounds. They're not all just a bunch of dudes who dress up. You just can't help but be a condescending jerk most of the time can you?
Says the guy who references "Uniform geeks don't like them." As justification. As opposed to the guys who.
1. Will wear them.
2. Will cheer for the guys wearing them.
3. The guys who wish they had graduated last year so they could wear them.

But a group of Graphic designers do not like them so we should all ignore them and follow Impaler and the "Uniform Geeks".

By far the best alternates we have received. Love em.. some subtle tweaks but nothing too over the top.

and to prove my point further. http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Recruits-react-to-Nebraskas-alternate-uniforms-46926478
Tristan Gebbia: “I think they look awesome. Really clean, but I also love the traditional jerseys too.”

Jaevon McQuitty: “Why couldn’t I have been a 2016 graduate?”

Keyshawn Johnson: “So beautiful ”

Austin Allen: “Stragiht fire!!!”

Brenden Jaimes: “Those are so sweet! Some of the best uniforms in college football.”

Matt Sichterman: "Those are sick. I like them."

Robert Porcher IV: “I love them I can't wait to wear mine”

Avery Roberts: "They tough."

Nice! The helmet is the best, like the little touches - like Herbie logo up front and the state outline on the back.

I like the players names on the back the jerseys and the one picture I saw which shows the back of the jersey, it says HUSKERS. That I am not too crazy about. Would rather the HUSKERS be on the front. Other than that, not too bad.

Big fan of these alternates.

Since they're going rather conservative this year, I won't be surprised if next year they do a complete 180 and come out with a "future" look with a red, purple, and yellow color combinations and embedded flashing lights...

I like the players names on the back the jerseys and the one picture I saw which shows the back of the jersey, it says HUSKERS. That I am not too crazy about. Would rather the HUSKERS be on the front. Other than that, not too bad.

Pretty sure it will be players names. IIRC, in other years Adidas has had "Huskers" where the names go for the promo photos as well.

I think I'd throw in some 6-pack ab highlights in red and make them have that "superhero" look. And throw more red in the pants, too. At least a few angled half stripes along the legs...something RED

Says the guy who references "Uniform geeks don't like them." As justification. As opposed to the guys who.
1. Will wear them.
2. Will cheer for the guys wearing them.
3. The guys who wish they had graduated last year so they could wear them.

But a group of Graphic designers do not like them so we should all ignore them and follow Impaler and the "Uniform Geeks".

Yup, you should follow him. He's right on this one.

The reason (other than aesthetic) is that the material for the stripes is essentially glued onto the fabric, so the slashes help it flex instead of tear.

It's still stupid and would be stupider if adidas was trying to shoehorn in hidden logos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back