• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Alonzo Moore close to deciding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Wiggler

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
BTBR/RR - I saw the following tweet:
MrHusker15 Brion Carnes@
@BKinnie84 I gave coach Raymond yo numba he got a recruit

Do you know who's on campus today?

Last edited by a moderator:

Is a high school quarterback out of Louisiana who is being recruited as a WR by Nebraska (listed as an athlete in his profiles)....we have been recruiting him hard for awhile now....Nebraska and A&M are probally his top offers....would be a nice get as an athlete.......visit was scheduled a few weeks back....so nothing earth shatering...

Is a high school quarterback out of Louisiana who is being recruited as a WR by Nebraska (listed as an athlete in his profiles)....we have been recruiting him hard for awhile now....Nebraska and A&M are probally his top offers....would be a nice get as an athlete.......visit was scheduled a few weeks back....so nothing earth shatering...

Just to go off Red Reign's post -

As said, nothing ground breaking. Reign has a post a while back when he was first offered (LINK HERE).

Alonzo played QB, but was mostly switched to WR last season. At WR, he caught 49 passes for 1246 yards and 17 TDs. However, he still managed 700 yards rushing with 8 TDs and a couple passing TDs as well.

Here's a bit I found in a search on him:

I saw Alonzo Moore as a wildcat at QB, and wow he looks good doing that. He was also a Wide Receiver and a big time Defensive Back when he played certain games to help the team there. This kid I will say was the most versatile of any I saw overall in Louisiana. I saw six full games of Alonzo Moore, and what was evident in all the games, is he was a man among boys anytime the ball got in his hands. Alonzo catches the deep pass really well. He gets open for his QB, (hard to jam at the line by a DB), and doesn’t shy away from contact.

The bottom line is he’s the best player to come out of Winnfield since A–train, Anthony Thomas (6-2, 230 pounds) who went on to star for the university of Michigan and was an All American in college. I think he’s the most athletic kid to come out since Jeffrey Dale who was a 6-3, 215 pound FS for LSU in the 1980’s and who was one of the best safeties I ever saw play to this day. Alonzo Moore high jumps 6-6 in Track.
--Link Here

Also, just because I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression - This may be his second visit, but we're FAR from getting him. Everything I'm seeing online says he's a guaranteed LSU commit if/when they offer. And that's coming from LSU fans and non-LSU fans.

Hey Wiggler I changed the title of your thread so I didn't have to start another one....hope you don't mind?...:) :) Besides you broke the 'news'....:)

Looks like it might be a bigger deal than we thought.....he plans to make a decision in the next week or so and its down to La Tech, Mississippi State and Nebraska....I like our chances based on him taking a second visit to Nebraska....

Couple of other thoughts....he is a 2-star on all recruting services and that is because no film is avaialble on him....thus the bottom rating....so don't read too much into that....so we may have gotten in on a good thing again, under the radar if he commits to Nebraska...sounds like quite a talent from all I have read and can play WR/CB and QB....versatility is the key....something Bo loves...:)

Also LSU already has commits from 3 WRs and 4 DBs (CB is a position he could play too as BTBR pointed out above) so the chances of them coming in for him are probally slim....then again I would never say never...:) :)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back