• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked All American Kenny Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome Thanks guys!

I know this is a hard one but I'm searching for the video of the silent salute for him on his senior day also. If anyone can find video of it I'll send them a DVD of "Through These Gates for their efforts. I was young when it happened and I just recently heard about it, I'm not sure how I never heard of it before.

Actually I don't think any of us heard it.... :Biggrin: but it was very cool!!

nothing on you tube... If you find him, he might have a copy if it were published or recorded. I was there, and it was quite emotional I remember. It was quite a long time ago now.

Not technically but I am going to make some internet vignettes. I also haven't ruled it out yet but its not in the works as of now. I'm looking for new stories right now.

Go the Star Wars route, and after a few years re-release "Through These Gates" with new extended footage! :)

I looked at my book 'Hear the Roar' the Kenny Walker story last night and it was published by 'crosstraining' publishing (I think) out of Grand Island. Apparently they are not in business anymore or have changed numbers. The good news when I called the 800 number is I won 2 tickets to the Caribbean or something like that. Didn't stay on the line long enough to pay much attention.

I clicked on the link and it took me right to his facebook page....he doesn't seem to post often....but the most interesting thing I 'found' there is that Kenny lists his education at the University of Nebraska at KEARNEY....what is up with that??

After looking it over more closely, I would say that someone probably created the page for him and made a few posts on his behalf. As an ex-Husker, I'm sure he gets tons of friend requests. Given that he has one friend and one photo, it's looking like he doesn't use the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back