• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked All American Kenny Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Through These Gates

Recruit
2 Year Member
We are looking for Kenny Walker, does anyone know him or know where he is or know anyone who does? And does anyone have video of his senior day? I can't find it anywhere.

I have his book. If you can't find him I will try to find it and get the publisher. Maybe they know where he is.

Awesome Thanks guys!

I know this is a hard one but I'm searching for the video of the silent salute for him on his senior day also. If anyone can find video of it I'll send them a DVD of "Through These Gates for their efforts. I was young when it happened and I just recently heard about it, I'm not sure how I never heard of it before.

I actually used the facebook link and I'll see how that works out. When I searched Kenny Walker on facebook it didn't come up, even after you gave me the link.

He has posted on Facebook as recently as Nov. 13. His profile says he's still the coach at Gallaudet University in DC. I'm sure if you contact him using the Through These Gates profile, he'd respond.

Awesome Thanks guys!

I know this is a hard one but I'm searching for the video of the silent salute for him on his senior day also. If anyone can find video of it I'll send them a DVD of "Through These Gates for their efforts. I was young when it happened and I just recently heard about it, I'm not sure how I never heard of it before.

It's in my head. I was there contributing -- as a student at UNL. I'm not sure if the technology is available yet to hook up probes to my brain to produce a video. But then again, you might run across something else I'd rather not share. :lol:

I'd consider contacting someone at Nebraska media relations: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=699

Yeah or Husker Vision, I believe its Shot Kleen that runs the show there BUT we are so much quicker to respond at times...

True. I'm not sure if it was shown on TV live, but I do seem to recall it on video somewhere. Maybe saw it on the Lincoln or Omaha news the night after the game.

Anyhow ... as you probably were told ... everyone in the stadium put their arms upwards, extended their fingers, and shook their hands side to side. I seem to remember some sort of instruction prior to gameday that this was the proper salute.

I tried Kenny Walker Huskers and Kenny Walker and Kenny walker deaf, but the link worked just fine so thanks for that

Great. I thought you were saying the link didn't work. Glad to hear it did. I was a freshman at NU when Kenny was a senior. He remains my all-time favorite Husker, and his senior day vs. CU and the raised arms "applause" is probably one of the best moments I ever experienced at Memorial Stadium. I hope you are able to connect with Kenny and find the video from that special day.

We are looking for Kenny Walker, does anyone know him or know where he is or know anyone who does? And does anyone have video of his senior day? I can't find it anywhere.

Hope you find it on film or video and will make it available. In a lifetime of Husker memories that senior day salute was one of the highlights...not sure if I'd trade it for a national championship (OK, I wouldn't) but that's one of the top memories over 60+ years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back