• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Al Borges fired as Michigan's offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hoke loyal to Borges, but Michigan had to make a move. Needed to show it has standards and that there are consequences for not meeting them.</p>&mdash; ESPN Big Ten (@ESPN_BigTen) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPN_BigTen/statuses/421041415959760896">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thought this was interesting.

That means a big-name, high-profile offensive coordinator is available! Go get him, Bo!

That solves about half the problems there...or creates more depending on who they hire. It's not like Michigan's defense was turning any heads this year. I think before it's over being a "Michigan man" isn't going to be as important as being a good football coach which I don't think Hoke is.

Ahhhh The firing of the coordinators, most of the time the beginning of the end. At least he can take in a few more mil before he is out.

Last edited:

Michigan will hire Doug Nussmeier as offensive coordinator to replace the fired Al Borges.
Nussmeier has spent the past two seasons as Alabama's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach under Nick Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back