• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ajay Allen enters the portal

I respect your opinion but I’ll have to disagree. Ervin had never impressed me. He looks the part, but when he gets on the field he’s just missing something.
He’s impressed me when he has been on the field. Hasn’t really gotten consistent PT since he tore his patellar tendon against OU in 2021. I think this year he shines

I thought Allen had great quickness and was a versatile player. He definitely would have been an asset to the team, but I don't know how much PT he was likely to get.

These conversations always end up being....off...by the time football is in full swing. A guy gets dinged up, another one transfers and another has some family issue and all of a sudden a deep room isn't so deep. We're always looking at roster groups like they're static and that's really never the case, even in season.

He'll find a good place to land and hopefully be happy. Good luck to him.
True, he’s a good running back but with what HCMR wants, I don’t know that he fits the bill

Not trying to derail a solid de-commitment thread here, but what is with the super maximum-sized signatures? All I have on my screen are Big Red Machine in like 142 font size and Bo Pelini's tonsils ..... in between somewhere I am guessing there are some posts.

Not trying to derail a solid de-commitment thread here, but what is with the super maximum-sized signatures? All I have on my screen are Big Red Machine in like 142 font size and Bo Pelini's tonsils ..... in between somewhere I am guessing there are some posts.
I'll adjust mine... sorry

You're not missing anything pertinent :)

ur RB room in 95 was loaded, too. But to me, this would've been the equivalent of losing LP or Ahman. Sure, we have other solid backs, but Ajay was the best of the bunch, at least to me.

If he was the best, he would have gotten the carries last season.

ur RB room in 95 was loaded, too. But to me, this would've been the equivalent of losing LP or Ahman. Sure, we have other solid backs, but Ajay was the best of the bunch, at least to me.

If he was the best, he would have gotten the carries last season.
He was the solid #2 back behind Grant, as a true freshman. Just like Ahman back in the day.

I called it the other day. This is the one guy I did NOT want to lose. Huge loss - he was our best RB, imo.
I hate to lose the depth and talent. I'm more concerned about the QB depth right now, though. Allen was impressive last year, but not sure how much impact he was going to be allowed to make this season, coming off the injury, and considering the depth we already had.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back