• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ajay Allen enters the portal

I’d guess most kids hitting the portal talked things over with at least one of our coaches before entering. AJ must have felt his chances of getting much playing time wasn’t looking good so he’s looking for better opportunities. Can’t blame him for wanting to explore what’s available elsewhere.

Yup IMO Ervin and grant are both quite a bit better, to me, Allen was just a little slow. Good RB for sure though

I thought Allen had great quickness and was a versatile player. He definitely would have been an asset to the team, but I don't know how much PT he was likely to get.

These conversations always end up being....off...by the time football is in full swing. A guy gets dinged up, another one transfers and another has some family issue and all of a sudden a deep room isn't so deep. We're always looking at roster groups like they're static and that's really never the case, even in season.

He'll find a good place to land and hopefully be happy. Good luck to him.

I respect your opinion but I’ll have to disagree. Ervin had never impressed me. He looks the part, but when he gets on the field he’s just missing something.
Yet wasn't he the first true freshman to start an opening game for Nebraska. Seems he was good enough he impressed two different coaching staffs.

Has Byron Applewhite landed a new gig - Allen was very connected to him and the only reason he was here was Applewhite - so he has been a flight risk ever since the previous staff was released. I wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Byron somewhere.

But last year I thought Allen was our most elusive, make people miss in space back - and was just getting going when he was injured. Spring game I just don't recall him, or many of the backs, having much room to run. We are still pretty deep at the position but I thought Allen's ceiling was higher than anyone else - may not be our best back right this minute though.

You're just too sensitive
That’s funny — just about every time I post something fans don’t want to hear in regards to recruiting, no matter how truthful it is, I’m told I should “find a different team to cheer for” and I’m “not a real fan.” But I’m over sensitive? :Rolf:

That’s funny — just about every time I post something fans don’t want to hear in regards to recruiting, no matter how truthful it is, I’m told I should “find a different team to cheer for” and I’m “not a real fan.” But I’m over sensitive? :Rolf:
Just about every time? Those guys sound like a-holes. But just about every time? Really? Not only sensitive, but a little bit of the drama queen?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back