• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Ahman Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is interesting is that Ahman Green is the all-time career rusher for the Green Bay Packers. Teams with immortal players such as Paul Hornug, John Brockington and Jim Taylor ... the best of the bunch is AG!

#2 all-time rusher behind Mike Rozier. In just three seasons including his freshman year where he splits carries with Lawrence Phillips.

What is interesting is that Ahman Green is the all-time career rusher for the Green Bay Packers. Teams with immortal players such as Paul Hornug, John Brockington and Jim Taylor ... the best of the bunch is AG!

He would probably be the all-time career rusher for Nebraska if he had stayed for his senior season. He needed 848 yards to catch Rozier

Some will challenge this, but he's one of the greatest I-backs ever to play at Nebraska.

They would be foolish to argue it. The guy was amazing. He had a unique mixture of speed, power, and balance. Plus he could catch the ball. Definitely one of the best I-backs we've ever had.

Here are some Ahman highlights! Unfortunately, the song is NSFW so you may want to mute it.

Three of my favorite runs are back-to-back-to-back at 1:50. My favorite run ever isn't on here though. I believe it was against Arizona State his freshman year when he had the most unbelievable balance.

[video=youtube;k543UYkYqz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k543UYkYqz0[/video]

#2 all-time rusher behind Mike Rozier. In just three seasons including his freshman year where he splits carries with Lawrence Phillips.

He didn't exactly "split" carries with Lawrence Phillips. LP was suspended for majority of the season. I'm a huge fan of AG, real good guy, and we have worked together often dealing with the youth in Omaha. He is very much deserving of all accolades being given to him. When he was in Lincoln, it seemed was effortlessly great at getting up the field. He hands down was the best freshman back in Husker history......but I think Lawrence may have been a better back over all.

Last edited:
Here are some Ahman highlights! Unfortunately, the song is NSFW so you may want to mute it.

Three of my favorite runs are back-to-back-to-back at 1:50. My favorite run ever isn't on here though. I believe it was against Arizona State his freshman year when he had the most unbelievable balance.

[video=youtube;k543UYkYqz0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k543UYkYqz0[/video]

Green was definitely a badass but watching the blocking up front is what really impresses me about this video. The Pipeline dominated.

Green was definitely a badass but watching the blocking up front is what really impresses me about this video. The Pipeline dominated.

How many of those runs involved two pulling linemen? Green would patiently wait for those big guys to get in front of him, then he was off to the races.

Say what you will, but it was damn hard to catch him from behind, and he ran with purpose more often than not. His fumble problems in the NFL were exaggerated; Jim Taylor (the man Ahman overtook on the Packers rushing charts) once complained about Green's fumblitis, but an examination of the stats showed that Taylor fumbled at a more frequent pace than Green.

There's a better video of his more impressive runs but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I saved it from YouTube on to a hard drive somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find it and upload it. I know it has my favorite run of his that wasn't included in that first video I posted.

Alright, here's your Ahman Green video of the day. This one is better than the earlier one I posted...

[video=youtube;1-zqs0JRl40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-zqs0JRl40&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This is someone else's video that I re-uploaded to youtube.

Last edited:
That one is incredible. I also love the run against Washington State at 2:16 when he just REFUSES to go down. It seems like their entire defense is on him. I remember that got the team really fired up.

Last edited:
Here's your new Ahman Green video of the day. This is another one by someone else that I've re-uploaded to youtube...

[video=youtube;z-UnyLZc0LI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-UnyLZc0LI[/video]

Roger Craig is NOT one of the greatest I-Backs at Nebraska. Roger Craig had a great NFL career but he split carries most of his Husker career. He's barely in the top 20 for Husker rushers. His NFL career exceeded his collegiate career in terms of results and performance.

He actually is !!! His first position was IB...he moved to fb to get him and mike rosier on the field at the same time.

He actually is !!! His first position was IB...he moved to fb to get him and mike rosier on the field at the same time.
Based on what facts? His NFL career should not have any bearing on an evaluation of his collegiate performance. His collegiate performance is not very distinguishing in the history of Husker RBs. IMO Rozier, Phillips, Green, Kinney, Orduna, JRodgers (if you count him as a RB which you could), Bobby Reynolds and Calvin Jones ALL have a better collegiate career than Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back