• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Adios Legends and Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern is if the East gains any traction as the "power" side of the conference due to bigger markets (i.e. like Texas in the B12).

With OSU and Michigan both on that side and new TV markets brought in by Maryland/Rutgers, there is potential for that in my opinion. Thus far, B10 seems to be about fairness...with a glaring exception being the Maryland entry deal being better than ours.

So who will be our crossover division match up or are they still doing that. I don't and never have cared for Penn St. I would love for Michigan to be our crossover.

So who will be our crossover division match up or are they still doing that. I don't and never have cared for Penn St. I would love for Michigan to be our crossover.

I remember reading during the original discussions where one of the goals of realignment was to preserve the 'traditional' rivalries without having to rely on any 'protected' crossover games, which would be eliminated.

Last edited:

Don't like this. Creates a seperation much like thebig12 north and south did for some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the conference.
Only makes it tougher on us to make headway in the east

Last edited:
I'm not expecting some arbitrary permanent crossover thing. Nine games means you still have three crossover games. If your trying to make sure everyone has five home conference games you try to get more creative.

I have always said that a three team rotating schedule works better than changing out all three teams the same year.

My only concern is if the East gains any traction as the "power" side of the conference due to bigger markets (i.e. like Texas in the B12).

With OSU and Michigan both on that side and new TV markets brought in by Maryland/Rutgers, there is potential for that in my opinion. Thus far, B10 seems to be about fairness...with a glaring exception being the Maryland entry deal being better than ours.

That's a legitimate concern, IMO.

this is the first I've seen that they decided on Purdue to join our division. Last I saw, they were undecided between Indiana and Purdue. I don't see that as a big deal.

The East - West alignment should reduce travel costs. But as noted, it places a. Lot of the population in the East region. Though having Chicago in the west helps a lot.
let's win the last 12 team title and then move on!

In the 70's, 80's, and 90's, the West would have been major thrashing every week by the Huskers, with a few exceptions. If a Tom Osborne showed up at Nebraska again, it could be like that again. I'm really delighted for the future of Big Red Football and the opportunities that lie ahead. When teams travel to Huskerland, I hope we can really make their adventure traveling to the West as always going to mean a major pounding and a loss. In Wisconsin's situation, I hope we can make them feel welcome soon the way we use to with The Big 8 and we were playing the entire bench by the 4 th quarter.
:)

Last edited:
Not likely that there will be a permanent cross over opponent. It's better if you can rotate in three teams than only two.

With a future expansion to 16 teams, it may not be long before it's adios to East and West.

I wonder if they have a team in mind to add a little more weight to the west side of this split when it goes to 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back