• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Adios Legends and Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really hope Wisconsin doesn't win the Leaders this year. Those insufferable Badgers are already talking about how they'll have won every "Leaders" title in existence, plus every Big Ten CCG under the Legends/Leaders format.

I'm starting to really hate Wisconsin.

I really hope Wisconsin doesn't win the Leaders this year. Those insufferable Badgers are already talking about how they'll have won every "Leaders" title in existence, plus every Big Ten CCG under the Legends/Leaders format.

Don't they realize that we beat them in regular conference play last season? :confused: So, all else being equal, we win the division and move to CCG...

Last season's CCG certainly was not a good showing and Wisky had a good game plan. Don't know if Steinkuhler would have made enough of a difference to change the outcome; but, it certainly didn't help that we were undersized in the middle of the d-line.

Last edited:

I live in this state so I know how to shut them up very easily. There are a few emotional spots you can "hit" that bring them back to reality for where their football program fits over the last century. As far as the success they had under Bret, it is best just to give them "credit" for those years and not argue with them over those years. I highly doubt they make it back to the conference championship game as that will be Ohio State.

Best thing that ever happened for Nebraska. East/West was the only way to go and should have been done from the start.

#1. The travel load will be much easier on the teams and especially the fans. Our fan base was burned out after the last two seasons schedules and distances traveled.
#2. It helps to set up more natural rivalries (Wisconsin and Iowa).
#3. We'll still have the marque games vs. Michigan/Ohio St./Penn St. through crossover games.

Last edited:

I hate the Badgers as well. Hopefully we'll figure out what it takes to beat them by next year......

just when i figure out what division NU is in, they change it. I always thought those names were so stupid. Glad they are getting the axe.

Appears to be. Although the West has the three time defending Champions, both current defending Division Champs, and the three teams with the best conference record last season.

If UM does rebound MSU will fade. Maryland stinks. Indiana is still Indiana. PSU is going to struggle for the next several years. We have no idea what to expect from Rutgers.

Basing the Divisions on historical competitive balance is well and good, but its really not advantageous for the fans who want to travel to away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back