• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adidas v Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey I’m wearing sketchers right now!

Hey, there's nothing wrong with NB or Sketchers (other than I think NB are just plain awful looking, but that's another story lol). They fit a certain segment of people well, for both comfort and usage. But to say the $30 pairs of them are of the same quality as some of the Adidas or Nike in the $150 range is just crazy.

and were garbage as a running shoe (for me at least.)
The running store I buy all my shoes and gear from barely carries Nike. I always let them bring me out a few different shoes that are good for my pronation and they have NEVER brought out a pair of Nike shoes. I've stayed pretty loyal to Brooks and Asics. I did try a pair of Mizuno that I didn't care for. I'm not bold enough to try a pair of Hoka's yet but I'm curious about those and On.

The running store I buy all my shoes and gear from barely carries Nike. I always let them bring me out a few different shoes that are good for my pronation and they have NEVER brought out a pair of Nike shoes. I've stayed pretty loyal to Brooks and Asics. I did try a pair of Mizuno that I didn't care for. I'm not bold enough to try a pair of Hoka's yet but I'm curious about those and On.
Love Asics, perfect for my running needs. Brooks great as well.
As for the never ending debate on College sponsorship for clothing and the like, as long as Adidas is in the game, eventually they can become top dog in the eyes of recruits. As time passes, someone will carry the Adidas torch to make it the "new shinny toy" on the block. Just need the right celeb, sports figure, "influencer" as they are now called etc.

Hokas are just wonderful on my bad knees. Bulky but easy on the joints. Used Brooks for years but much happier and pain-free now.

As for what I wear, I run a decent amount so I don't wear Nike or Adidas. I run in Asics or Brooks usually and then turn them into my daily wearers after they've logged too many miles.

My 17 year old son wears Adidas ultraboosts and Sperry's. He is a soccer player and does prefer Adidas soccer boots.

Although I've gotten out of the habit running lately (I bike more), I own a pair of Brooks for that.

My push for recent Adidas purchases is mostly for 1. style and 2. comfort.

1611850636941.png

1611850606041.png

1611851171388.png

1611851091379.png

It came up again in the recruiting Forum. So I thought I would bring it here so that it is not blocking up the AD thread.

I remember a few years ago I said that I was starting to see more intercity kids wearing adidas. I even related the story of a young man (who now is a college football player at Bowie State) who I asked why he wore adidas and not NIKE. His response was. "NIKE is my parents shoes. " Shoes and athletic apparel are every day wear to college kids now. adidas has done some very innovative things the last few years. adidas and assorted companies they own (reebok) have had an international growth of 17%. Nike growth less than 7% over the last 5 years. adidas is closing the gap. Especially among the youth crowd.

@HuskerWeatherman pointed out that the younger crowd in Austin wears a lot of adidas. One of the cool things that they have done is allow people to design their own shoes and clothes. So if you want pink shell toes with green stripes. You can get them.

Additionally they are plugging into inter city culture with Beyoncé Superstar https://www.adidas.com/us/beyonce and Kanye's Yeezy brands. https://news.adidas.com/yeezy.

I think that the one place NIKE still dominates is basketball. Where adidas dominates soccer.

So I just want to say that this whole issue of recruiting being down because of adidas. It is just a farce.
I'm an Adidas guy for the last 5 or so years. After raising two boys and still a 3rd I can tell you that you are spot on regarding athletic apparel. Other than my middle son who is in South Korea and in the Air Force my other two want to wear nothing but athletic apparel. Jeans are now considered dress up and are losing their appeal.

Last edited:

Sketchers for Dress/casual shoes. Tried many...they are the best IMO.
Puma for Golf shoes. Light, flexible, breathable.
Adidas for my flip flops/sandals
Hey Dudes for my lounging, loafer, relaxed summer shoes. LOVE EM.
I have nothing Nike.

K-swiss? You got a shell necklace and frosted tips to go along with them?

:Lol:
Lol nope I just like my white shoes. I don’t even like a smudge on them. Hey I grew up in the city. K-Swiss is big in urban areas. Never have worn a necklace or any jewelry nor have I ever dyed my hair. I should get Frosty tips!!!

Have you ever owned a pair of something like the Adidas Ultraboost/NMD line? Your NB or Sketchers really aren't even close lol.

Have you ever ran an Ironman or played on a professional basketball team?

For 99% of the population, New Balance or similar brands are completely adequate. It's like comparing a Bentley to a Buick. Yes, there are some refinements that the more expensive product has, but there's a reason 99% of the market will buy a Ford or a Honda instead of a Porsche.

I cannot fathom a situation in which the performance of my shoe will have a consequential impact on my everyday life. I'm not trying to catch Usain Bolt.

Never saw the appeal in Nike or Jordans. Wore Pumas and Chucks in high school. Nowadays I wear nothing but NMD, Boost, and Yeezys

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back