• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ad blocks and Huskermax

I have made several adjustments that should allow the board to load faster. The bottom line is advertising is the life blood of this site and without it this site would not exist. I have reduced the number of ads and eliminated the Squareoff poll. Hopefully the faster load time will offset the decrease in ads.

Im not interested in speed in loading, what bothers me most is when I type a thread response and it take 5 seconds per character to type it...adbloc works wonders in allowing a response to be typed. Before I used adbloc, I had almost decided to go back to brand x forum...This is one of the best forums on the net for information and us loyal users are what makes it that way..thanks for your response.

Im not interested in speed in loading, what bothers me most is when I type a thread response and it take 5 seconds per character to type it...adbloc works wonders in allowing a response to be typed.

Had been experiencing this for a while and had decreased my HM Forum visits as a result. Finally got enough ambition to search through the Tech forum section; just turned on AdBlock and now am flying along.

However, I also appreciate the HM site and do not want there to be unnecessary revenue loss. If there is a solution besides AdBlock, please let me know. Otherwise, seems like a different ad strategy may warrant investigation. No other site was as slow loading for me as HM; so, I am guessing that there is a different setup available.

Last edited:
I always encounter a "Huskermax is Not responding" error message when I visit this site from home. I am using Windows 10 IE 11. Husker Max will load initially then freeze and then the "Not Responding" error message appears and the request to "Reload" appears at the bottom.

Last edited:

I always encounter a "Huskermax is Not responding" error message when I visit this site from home. I am using Windows 10 IE 11. Husker Max will load initially then freeze and then the "Not Responding" error message appears and the request to "Reload" appears at the bottom.

Most of the load times are coming from ads so let Bigredmax know about it. He made some adjustments to the ads to help speed up the loading time so if this is still happening to you please send him a message.

Update: I downloaded MOZILLA FIREFOX and now I have no problem with freezes, Not responding, or refreshes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back