• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ad blocks and Huskermax

Well, it has taken me almost five minutes from logging on, to typing this message. I will have to refuse to visit the site until this cluster **** is resolved. I have gone from less than 2 seconds to almost five minutes just to log in and post. NOT NICE AT ALL! :mad:

Well, it has taken me almost five minutes from logging on, to typing this message. I will have to refuse to visit the site until this cluster **** is resolved. I have gone from less than 2 seconds to almost five minutes just to log in and post. NOT NICE AT ALL! :mad:

Try it now.

1H4HyXm.gif

Running fine for me now. Has been for the last hour or so.

Good Lord folks give David and Joe a chance to fix this sort of stuff before going postal.

He was aware of it a few hours ago and has been working on the fix.

Also actually reporting this sort of thing instead of starting a thread on it will get it fixed faster. When you report it all administrators and mods get an e-mail letting us know there is an issue. If you make a thread specifically on the weekend it may not get seen for awhile as we have lives away from H-Max and do not always see this sort of thing.

In this case I saw it a couple of hours ago and a fellow poster reported it and thus it got fixed.

Bottom line is Please help us out and report any issues that are making the board not run properly.

Thanks.

RR

Last edited:
I have made several adjustments that should allow the board to load faster. The bottom line is advertising is the life blood of this site and without it this site would not exist. I have reduced the number of ads and eliminated the Squareoff poll. Hopefully the faster load time will offset the decrease in ads.

Last edited:
<p>
The site is somewhat faster now, taking from 8 to 12 seconds to load, still a poor response with my setup. Also once again I had to wait for 10 to 15 seconds for what ever it is to unlock my keyboard to finish the previous comment. After watching a bit, it appears there is an auto save that may be the culprit for the locked keyboard.</p>

Last edited:
The site is somewhat faster now, taking from 8 to 12 seconds to load, still a poor response with my setup. Also once again I had to wait for 10 to 15 seconds for what ever it is to unlock my keyboard to finish the previous comment. After watching a bit, it appears there is an auto save that may be the culprit for the locked keyboard.

That sucks of course. But, I am going as fast as I have been in the past right now and load times are less than a second again. I'm happy for the time being. I also haven't had any troubles posting pics, that has gone smoothly too.

Last edited:

Okay, just about out the door. Going to see a local band play some rock N roll and drink a few brews. If I am not to toasty, I will log back on and see how things go. If it stays like this, I am all good. :thumbsup:

Sunday 12:30AM, logged in ....

All good! No more BlockAdblock pop-up nagging message (cross my fingers) and only 2 or 3 seconds to load.

I have made several adjustments that should allow the board to load faster. The bottom line is advertising is the life blood of this site and without it this site would not exist. I have reduced the number of ads and eliminated the Squareoff poll. Hopefully the faster load time will offset the decrease in ads.

I don't know if you've considered having an ad-free subscription tier, where we could buy our way out of having ads on the site. I would certainly be willing to pay more to be rid of them.

I don't know if you've considered having an ad-free subscription tier, where we could buy our way out of having ads on the site. I would certainly be willing to pay more to be rid of them.

Good idea :nod:. I hate internet ads. Worst than door-to-door salesman and telemarketing. And TV commercials.

+ 1 though it may have to be more than you think these days.

I haven't been to the site in months; in part because it's off season and in part because I browse mostly in mobile and chrome doesnt allow extensions (adblock).

I visited a few days ago and it literally crashed chrome mobile. I downloaded Firefox mobile so I could install adblock so I could visit the forum's.

That's pretty sad. Let the lurkers deal with ads, paying members shouldn't have to go to great lengths to visit the forums.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back