• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ACC trying to take PSU, says these guys.

The B1G was a successful conference long before they added PSU.
What if B1G loses PSU ... what happens down the road with TV contracts? Does the B1G end up 3rd in the kind of contracts it can secure? Long term that impacts the kind of athletic programs you can support, it affects the size of your athletic department, it affects facilities, fund raising and support staff.

What if this contributes to tOSU and Michigan or someone else deciding that the SEC or ACC might be a better spot?

What if B1G loses PSU ... what happens down the road with TV contracts? Does the B1G end up 3rd in the kind of contracts it can secure? Long term that impacts the kind of athletic programs you can support, it affects the size of your athletic department, it affects facilities, fund raising and support staff.

What if this contributes to tOSU and Michigan or someone else deciding that the SEC or ACC might be a better spot?
Unlike PSU, OSU and Michigan are longstanding members of the B1G and have an incredible amount of pull and influence. They are not gonna give that up to go be rookies at another conference.

Unlike PSU, OSU and Michigan are longstanding members of the B1G and have an incredible amount of pull and influence. They are not gonna give that up to go be rookies at another conference.
Yes they (tOSU and MI) are but what if an SEC with UT and OU could promise tOSU and MI $100M annually? Never say never. UT is leaving a conference they absolutely ruled to their complete benefit to a conference where they’re 1 of 16.

I do not think it is likely that they leave but … what if?

I will give you another what if. What if the B1G and PAC12 discuss a merger? What if USC, UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Stanford and Washington agree to join but the B1G needs to reduce existing membership by 2 or 4 to comply?

I didn't see this talked about, so delete if needed or merge.. Go to the 12 minute mark. They suggest insiders are saying the ACC is after PSU.

The only sources for what they were discussing (this was a week old) were conversations in Penn State fan boards. This would be the equivalent of our fans a year ago wanting to go back to the Big 12. Penn State fans don't like being stuck on the same side of the B1G as the 800-lb gorilla. Yes, the ACC would absolutely love to have Penn State. I don't see Penn State's administration actually being interested in the ACC.

If anyone has newer, better sources, I'd be very interested in seeing them. PM if it's just gossip.

They do play lacrosse and ice hockey so logic suggests another factor why they would not or should not move ... but I've always felt PSU has an affinity for its east coast roots ... never felt Rutgers was a true rival.

Money is money and it is the driver for all these things but PSU would not be kicked out of the AAU strictly if they joined a different conference. I think TV money can and will be renegotiated if conference membership changes.

I also believe the B1G and ACC are in a battle to ensure they're in the next in line after the SEC ... Notre Dame is a wild card but without something dramatic (adding Pac12 teams) ... the only way for either conference to significantly improve is to raid each other ... adding remaining members from the B12 does not move the needle so how about Penn State to the ACC or Virginia/North Carolina to the B1G?
Not talking AAU. The B1G has it's own educational consortium that gets money to all members. Just curious. Why would we want VA. They are really not good in any major sports. They add no TVs because biggest market is DC which we got with MD.

I love 10 miles from VA and work in VA. I Have since 2004. I have yet to meet a single UVA fan. VATech plenty. None from UVA.

Yes they (tOSU and MI) are but what if an SEC with UT and OU could promise tOSU and MI $100M annually? Never say never. UT is leaving a conference they absolutely ruled to their complete benefit to a conference where they’re 1 of 16.

I do not think it is likely that they leave but … what if?
UT is a vampire. They had sucked all of the blood from the Big 12. They need a new warm body.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back