• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ACC trying to take PSU, says these guys.

Huskerfan69

Travel Squad
2 Year Member
I didn't see this talked about, so delete if needed or merge.. Go to the 12 minute mark. They suggest insiders are saying the ACC is after PSU.

I am not sure I have seen it anywhere…what is the financial penalty if a Big 10 team decided to leave? The current media contract is ending soon so that wouldn’t be too big of an issue for a school for getting their grant of rights.

I know a Big 10 school would take a major hit financially from the academic research side which would be a huge reason not to leave the conference.

I am not advocating/predicting any teams in the conference will leave but just curious the possible penalties.

Penn State's history with Pitt and Syracuse has to be slightly attractive. Losing PSU is not the thing the conference needs at the moment ... Kevin Warren et al better be talking to everyone to (a) make sure there are no defections and (b) make themselves available for parties that might be interested in the B1G.

Yeah that would be a big financial hit on both athletics and educational grant money. Also PSU is not giving up the wresting status. ACC is not in the same universe as B1G.

What would be their incentive? Piss off OSU. All the sports PSU is good at the B1G has the market cornered. Or is second.

Football B1G top to bottom better. Wrestling not close. Volleyball not close.

Meanwhile. Not sure if PSU plays Lacrosse.

Yeah that would be a big financial hit on both athletics and educational grant money. Also PSU is not giving up the wresting status. ACC is not in the same universe as B1G.

What would be their incentive? Piss off OSU. All the sports PSU is good at the B1G has the market cornered. Or is second.

Football B1G top to bottom better. Wrestling not close. Volleyball not close.

Meanwhile. Not sure if PSU plays Lacrosse.
They do play lacrosse and ice hockey so logic suggests another factor why they would not or should not move ... but I've always felt PSU has an affinity for its east coast roots ... never felt Rutgers was a true rival.

Money is money and it is the driver for all these things but PSU would not be kicked out of the AAU strictly if they joined a different conference. I think TV money can and will be renegotiated if conference membership changes.

I also believe the B1G and ACC are in a battle to ensure they're in the next in line after the SEC ... Notre Dame is a wild card but without something dramatic (adding Pac12 teams) ... the only way for either conference to significantly improve is to raid each other ... adding remaining members from the B12 does not move the needle so how about Penn State to the ACC or Virginia/North Carolina to the B1G?

So let them leave. My feleing is that the B1G is well enough to stand without the likes of PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, and even Nebraska. None of those 4 will force their hand, and rightly so. If they wanna leave, let them. I don't care.

So let them leave. My feleing is that the B1G is well enough to stand without the likes of PSU, Rutgers, Maryland, and even Nebraska. None of those 4 will force their hand, and rightly so. If they wanna leave, let them. I don't care.
We need Penn St. and need more blue bloods. I’m looking at USC, Oregon, and Washington thinking damn that would solidify things.

Disagree ... Penn State is upper tier in brand recognition. They bring a solid TV market. They are an upper tier team in the conference and would be an absolute positive addition to any conference they left for ... besides right now the psychological impact of losing a team, any team, would enormous. This is not Rutgers it is one of the top programs in the B1G.

Disagree ... Penn State is upper tier in brand recognition. They bring a solid TV market. They are an upper tier team in the conference and would be an absolute positive addition to any conference they left for ... besides right now the psychological impact of losing a team, any team, would enormous. This is not Rutgers it is one of the top programs in the B1G.
The B1G was a successful conference long before they added PSU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back