• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Absolutely Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you I have never, ever said something that sounded different than what I intended. Never. Well, almost never. Practically never. On second thought, not very often. Sometimes, though. Probably not a lot. Though I may not always know it sounded weird. So, probably more often than I realize. Maybe often. Most likely all the time.

PalatableUnlinedAfricanparadiseflycatcher-small.gif

This thread

Well lets discuss the previous 30 months prior to the last few weeks. Even though you have claimed to have finally seen it. You still lash out at posters in the Riley-apologizing way. You probably don't see it but you self admittedly have been a little slower coming around to the reality of MR than most. And that is fine. Just would be nice not to hammer on the guys that saw it much earlier.
People that are dead wrong usually try to spin it in a way that make sure that they not look so foolish. It really doesn't matter. It's known who they all are. No words can change anything. It's known.

I don't recall saying anything to you about not thinking MR was a good hire. I wasn't sold that it would work out either, but I tried to be optimistic about it and provided reasons why so thought he could. It turns out he wasn't up for the job. I don't think he was a bad coach at one time in his career, but his performance in Lincoln shows he did a poor job there.
You can't be optimistic about anything you don't believe in. No freaking way I could. So you must have believed.

You can be optimistic in something you don't believe in, especially if you don't have any control over the decision.

You think "Not what I would have chosen, but I will give the people who are paid money to make this decision the benefit of the doubt. I just hope I'm wrong. Regardless, he is our coach now and I will support him until the end."

I still support Riley right now even though I also recognize he has failed and won't be the coach in two weeks barring some form of divine intervention. I will continue to support him because up until he is let go, he is a part of our program and as such a Cornhusker.

You can be optimistic in something you don't believe in, especially if you don't have any control over the decision.

You think "Not what I would have chosen, but I will give the people who are paid money to make this decision the benefit of the doubt. I just hope I'm wrong. Regardless, he is our coach now and I will support him until the end."

I still support Riley right now even though I also recognize he has failed and won't be the coach in two weeks barring some form of divine intervention. I will continue to support him because up until he is let go, he is a part of our program and as such a Cornhusker.
Good for you. I hope you have warm feelings for deciding to support Riley until the end.

I, on the other hand saw a team and a head coach who has given up and that I cannot support. So, while I will watch and root for our Huskers the next two games, I no longer support Riley or this staff and the sooner he is replaced the better. A good man he is but a good coach he is not.

Last edited:

Good for you. I hope you have warm feelings for deciding to support Riley until the end.

I, on the other hand saw a team and a head coach who has given up and that I cannot support. So, while I will watch and root for our Huskers the next two games, I no longer support Riley or this staff and the sooner he is replaced the better. A good man he is but a good coach he is not.

If he was a bad coach he would not have had the success he did at OSU, it just didn't work out at NU.

C

The thing I take away from the last couple years is Mike Riley is simply used to losing. He thinks it's all part of playing the game and this NU team has taken on that mentality as well. It just doesn't seem to bother them much when they lose.
Hey, not everyone can be a winner. I win some, the other guy wins some, the average is .500. All good. Let’s go for ice cream and sprinkles!

Not worth arguing but disagree.

Well lets discuss the previous 30 months prior to the last few weeks. Even though you have claimed to have finally seen it. You still lash out at posters in the Riley-apologizing way. You probably don't see it but you self admittedly have been a little slower coming around to the reality of MR than most. And that is fine. Just would be nice not to hammer on the guys that saw it much earlier.
Bingo. If you brought up the game management issues, 5-6 year downtrend, lack of discipline, lack of toughness finesse etc. before an absolutely f’in meltdown you were a bad fan with an agenda. Now, “nothing here, move along.”

Last edited:

I guess we all read what we want to read. But I see Riley saying he has a great bunch of kids with no off the field problems. So many places have off the field distractions, big off the field distractions, and we haven't seen that.
No, nothing popping up about rampant pot use this summer. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back