• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Green down to 2 schools Bleacher Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most cable/sat operations in Texas have the Big 10 network. I have never watched it during the season, does anyone know how they manage to televise all? Big 10 games? Do they have an ESPN "Game Plan" type 5 channel setup and you choose your live game or one or two live on Sat and the rest replays at a later time?

Just read that too. They will try and get their other 2 or so players and then go after Green hard in January if Green does not commit to UT before then. Even if we get Green UT will go after him hard.

That is basically been my belief for months now. IMO he did not want to be rush, UT wanted 2 RBs Brown and 1 for 3-4 other. one of those others committed. Green wants to go to Texas, but now has to wait to see if Texas lands their other two targets. Once texas completely fills up then he will decide on his second choice. 5f Ut does not land their targets they will then offer the scolie position to Green. This will not be over until UT completely fills up their slots. Until then we wait.

Most cable/sat operations in Texas have the Big 10 network. I have never watched it during the season, does anyone know how they manage to televise all? Big 10 games? Do they have an ESPN "Game Plan" type 5 channel setup and you choose your live game or one or two live on Sat and the rest replays at a later time?

I can't say I have watched it a lot, but it's only one channel. Keep in mind that most of the Big 10 games are already televised on either ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, etc. Most of the games not picked up by the big boys are then telecast on the Big Ten Network. And the kickoffs are staggered so that they can telecast the remaining games.

All Big Ten games are televised live.....ESPN and ESPN2 always have 2 games at 11 am and then the other games start at different times and they have the main channel and 5 or so alternate channels so you can watch whatever game you want as 2-3 or more are going on at the same time. ABC gets the prime game at 2:30 and some 7 clock games then the 2 on ESPN and then the Big Ten Network does the other games. Even when the Big Ten is playing weak OOC games at home they show the games....so we would be shown instead of the 3 PPV games we will get this year. At least next year OOC is good where all 3 games scheduled would be on TV in my mind.

Green parents will be able to watch all the games....but it is different than watching them live and the distance could be a factor.

I can't say I have watched it a lot, but it's only one channel. Keep in mind that most of the Big 10 games are already televised on either ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, etc. Most of the games not picked up by the big boys are then telecast on the Big Ten Network. And the kickoffs are staggered so that they can telecast the remaining games.

I want to see the exposure of Nebraska games here for parents of Texas recruits next year. The Big Ten Network is great and i'll bet we wouldn't have to use PPV to see this weeks game if we were already in the Big Ten. I'll spend some time checking out the network this weekend.
We'll all know more on Monday Thanks for the input.

All Big Ten games are televised live.....ESPN and ESPN2 always have 2 games at 11 am and then the other games start at different times and they have the main channel and 5 or so alternate channels so you can watch whatever game you want as 2-3 or more are going on at the same time. ABC gets the prime game at 2:30 and some 7 clock games then the 2 on ESPN and then the Big Ten Network does the other games. Even when the Big Ten is playing weak OOC games at home they show the games....so we would be shown instead of the 3 PPV games we will get this year. At least next year OOC is good where all 3 games scheduled would be on TV in my mind.

Green parents will be able to watch all the games....but it is different than watching them live and the distance could be a factor.

More better info, can't wait to check this network out! thanks

How would they determine which son to watch play live if they are at different school hundreds of miles apart and playing on the same day? Seems to me it would be much easier on the parents to see the boys play live or otherwise if they were both on the same football team ;)

They are showing Indiana vs Towson (1AA) this weekend....I would think, were we in the Big 10 already, that the WKU game would be on the Big Ten Network (not ESPN/ABC)...and as p-ville said all their games make one network or another....

As for Aaron I guess we will just have to wait and see....I'm not sure the papers in Austin no anymore than anyone else frankly...

I want to see the exposure of Nebraska games here for parents of Texas recruits next year. The Big Ten Network is great and i'll bet we wouldn't have to use PPV to see this weeks game if we were already in the Big Ten. I'll spend some time checking out the network this weekend.

If we were in the Big Ten this year the home games would all be televised as the Big Ten Network owns ALL home game rights and would televise the game if ESPN/ABC did not pick up the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back