• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Green down to 2 schools Bleacher Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
HorninFortWorth,

"If you are going to compete with SEC teams or Ohio State you need to be able to run the ball and you need to practice against the run and be able to stop teams from running the ball down your throat."

These SEC and Ohio State games will they be Non Conference or Conference games?

HorninFortWorth,

"If you are going to compete with SEC teams or Ohio State you need to be able to run the ball and you need to practice against the run and be able to stop teams from running the ball down your throat."

I wish I knew. I don't even pretend to know what the UT brass is thinking with this conference stuff. Unlike Lam on this site who is infinitely more informed than I my feelings of the new Big XII were that I was complete underwhelmed. They must have misplaced my phone number. ;)

Thanks HW for the update and the link. He has a great knack for finding the open spot on the field. Impressive indeed.

That they do. But he is also the same coordinator that has coached Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and Jamaal Charles who are now putting up yards in the NFL. Texas is always having to tweak the system to fit the personnel. Vince Young wasn't going to run the same type system as Applewhite or Simms or even McCoy. The staff is moving toward a downfield running game with Gilbert relying more on playaction passing and getting the ball downfield. I definitely think this year the offense will see some growing pains with a new qb and some youth on the line. The first couple months the running game could be ugly. Maybe not. I do think a lot of the downhill running game philosophy is part of Muschamp starting to put his print on the program. If you are going to compete with SEC teams or Ohio State you need to be able to run the ball and you need to practice against the run and be able to stop teams from running the ball down your throat.

Good points Horn, especially about there being growing pains with the Texas offense this season.

HorninFortWorth,

Although HW if how UT has started to schedule nonconference for the next decade in the past month or so is any indication I can say with certainty it will not be the gauntlet that is the SEC.

Although HW if how UT has started to schedule nonconference for the next decade in the past month or so is any indication I can say with certainty it will not be the gauntlet that is the SEC.

I don't think UT has had much of an appetite for the SEC, i looked and i can't see them playing anyone the SEC but Arkansas in the last 10 years, scheduling and recruiting can't be overrated.

What a minute --- Texas thinks that they need to move away from the spread? I thought that was the 'next big thing' and everyone was going to be doing it?

I suppose it is just like the "Option is Dead" talk and now Georgia Tech is a media darling for running it.

According to an interview last night with Aaron Green he stated that basically it is down to two schools as far as visits, that being NU and Florida State. I would like to think that would help our chances with them getting a commit from Wilder. Also states that right now he really just wants to focus on his senior season. I wish him luck! Especially this weekend as he faces off against Malcom Brown!

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=522&tid=135980444&mid=135980444&sid=928&style=2

According to an interview last night with Aaron Green he stated that basically it is down to two schools as far as visits, that being NU and Florida State. I would like to think that would help our chances with them getting a commit from Wilder. Also states that right now he really just wants to focus on his senior season. I wish him luck! Especially this weekend as he faces off against Malcom Brown!

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=522&tid=135980444&mid=135980444&sid=928&style=2

If he would just commit to NU...then he could focus on his senior season! Brilliant on my part I think.

I have no problem with him taking his time....

....As long as he makes the right decision. :huskerflag:

according to an article here in the Austin American Statesman (that I cannot find the link to) UT still firmly believes that Green will come to UT although brown has already committed. Just looking at some of our recruits the tide has shifted and we are not only in the race for these top recruits, we are starting to win these races as well. I would love to see Texas lose out on Mr. Green. Any day I can use Texas and Lose in the same sentence it's a good day in my book

Go Big Red

according to an article here in the Austin American Statesman (that I cannot find the link to) UT still firmly believes that Green will come to UT although brown has already committed. Just looking at some of our recruits the tide has shifted and we are not only in the race for these top recruits, we are starting to win these races as well. I would love to see Texas lose out on Mr. Green. Any day I can use Texas and Lose in the same sentence it's a good day in my book

Go Big Red

Just read that too. They will try and get their other 2 or so players and then go after Green hard in January if Green does not commit to UT before then. Even if we get Green UT will go after him hard.

I may be a glass half-empty guy, but I think he really favors Texas. Otherwise, I think he would have committed to us by now.

I may be a glass half-empty guy, but I think he really favors Texas. Otherwise, I think he would have committed to us by now.

I agree from all the quotes he is giving to the FREE newspapers.

Today's paper thinks we may have turned him against us going to the Big Ten and being farther away for his family to watch the games live...don't know as it would be easier for them to watch both boys play. Lots of speculation and only Aaron knows for sure...but with the brother here and all the other favorites having their RB's he would just commit, but imo something is holding him back. Green and Brown are good friends.

The good thing for Texas is they got their running back so they don't need to put a full course press on for Green but obviously would welcome his addition. The season is starting and they can see if Green plans to take an official visit or not. Once the season gets rolling Texas will have a better idea of where they want to fill these last couple spots in regards to need for someone to play in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back