• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Buozos has decommitted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difficult to read this one, especially since he is going to a service academy. Possible that he is looking at his life after college and desires to be an Air Force officer.
(I don't have a subscription to RSS, so can not read the article to see if a reason is given)

Can't blame the kid the Air Force Academy's a great opportunity and a great education. I was really looking forward to seeing this kid play but good luck to him.

I was hust thinking the same thing about our finish to the 2011 class. We have been 0-3 lately on getting a commitment and now we are losing another? :( Not the finish I was hoping for...maybe we will get some good news soon.

They are droppin like flies sorta. I would strongly correlate this recruiting season to the way our season went. Started extremely strong and fizzled out at the end. Kind of a weird season if you ask me. At least we got Abdullah! Buozos will be attending the Air Force Academy.

From the RSS:

http://nebraska.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=522&tid=141588921&mid=141588921&sid=928&style=2

That's bad. Probaly shouldn't be said but, one might have expected it with the way the season ended. We need to get an offense.

This one has been rumored for awhile...size being a huge consideration in all the discussion...so no surprise here....other than the timing...

Best of luck to him at the USAFA...as a retired USAF officer I wish him the very best in what will be a wonderful career.....:)

Last edited:
Honestly this was one of the recruits I had kinda forgotten about just due to how early he committed and how unheralded of a recruit he actually was. I know he was considering AFA back when he committed to us as well though so who knows. Is it possible our coaches cooled on him due to Frankie Williams or some other late prospect? Not saying this is the reason, but if you're getting decommits this late in the season, very often its due to the coaches cooling on the recruit. Also we did have the article regarding an injury during the season so perhaps thats another reason...? Unfortunate to lose a recruit, but going to an Academy is a great opportunity as well and I wish him the best of luck.

I don't want to lose any of them, but if i had to pick one to say goodbye to, it would be him ^ OR davie.

no worries, we are a Carter, Bryant, Peat and a linebacker away from a grade-A class

This...bolded....I've been hearing for the last month or so about him....didn't post it as I couldn't confirm it.....so the talk is nothing new....yes he ended up in a great situation....:)

His size and mesurables played huge in this....

Honestly this was one of the recruits I had kinda forgotten about just due to how early he committed and how unheralded of a recruit he actually was. I know he was considering AFA back when he committed to us as well though so who knows. Is it possible our coaches cooled on him due to Frankie Williams or some other late prospect? Not saying this is the reason, but if you're getting decommits this late in the season, very often its due to the coaches cooling on the recruit. Also we did have the article regarding an injury during the season so perhaps thats another reason...? Unfortunate to lose a recruit, but going to an Academy is a great opportunity as well and I wish him the best of luck.

Last edited:

Proud of the kid for going to the academy. I guess I am a little nervous now that we are down to 16, with no sure commits on the horizon and a possible one or two that may have a hard time with grades. Maybe alot of in-state kids will end up with a scholly which is good for them. This is just a trend I wouldnt want to see every year.

Don't forget Marsh (GS) is part of this class too....so we are at 17....

Proud of the kid for going to the academy. I guess I am a little nervous now that we are down to 16, with no sure commits on the horizon and a possible one or two that may have a hard time with grades. Maybe alot of in-state kids will end up with a scholly which is good for them. This is just a trend I wouldnt want to see every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back